1. I’m thankful for the people in my life who keep me grounded and stop me from spiraling when I’m falling apart at the seams. I’m thankful that they are always there to cheer me up and encourage me when it seems like everything is wrong. I’m thankful that I never feel alone, even when I’m in an empty room.
2. I’m thankful for the television shows, books, movies, and songs that transport me to another dimension when I need an escape from my problems. I’m thankful for the artists who continue to make a mark on this world, even when they aren’t sure whether their voices are going to be heard.
3. I’m thankful for the roof over my head, the clothes on my back, and the food on my table. I’m thankful for the little things that allow me to survive, the necessities that I don’t pay much attention to on a daily basis and have unfortunately taken for granted.
4. I’m thankful for the mistakes I’ve made over the course of 2020 and the lessons I’ve learned in the process. I’m thankful that I’ve grown wise and mature enough to look back on what I’ve done wrong and admit I was wrong instead of continuing on in my ignorance.
5. I’m thankful for the technology that allows me to see my friends and family, even when we’re miles apart. I’m thankful that we can easily pick up the phone to talk or jump on a video call or play silly games over the internet, despite how many states or countries are separating us.
6. I’m thankful for the pets that give me unconditional love and affection and trust me to protect them. I’m thankful for the dogs who come up with a reason to get excited every single day and the cats who are always ready to cuddle.
7. I’m thankful for the tiny compliments given and received throughout the year. I’m thankful for the small moments that never should’ve become memories but are forever stuck in my mind. I’m thankful for the little acts of kindness that can change the world.
8. I’m thankful for the moments when people came together and helped one another — and the moments people stayed apart and socially distanced out of love. I’m thankful for everyone who put the greater good above themselves and their own selfish needs.
9. I’m thankful for the ongoing love and support from the people who mean the most to me. I’m thankful that I have the ability to be my most authentic self. I’m thankful that no one and nothing is holding me back from unlocking my greatest potential.
10. I’m thankful for my present, although it may seem crummy right now. I’m thankful to be here today. I’m thankful I’m still walking and breathing and being.
11. I’m thankful for the future ahead of me. I’m thankful for the knowledge that there are so many amazing things awaiting me. I’m thankful that, even though this year was a nightmare, there’s always next year. It’s going to get better than this. It must.