1. We both like bonfires, especially around this time of year. Some days we will just come home from work, sit out back by the bonfire, and just be.
2. Showering together. It isn’t even sexual in nature (most of the time), we just enjoy being together, conversing, helping each other wash. It is an intimate experience.
3. We really love painting. We have a wall dedicated to our paintings that’s slowly growing.
4. Rock climbing is a great couple’s sport! You need a partner to do it no matter what, and it’s fun to be able to belay them and have them belay you while going up these rock faces and spending time outside.
5. We like marathoning Netflix together. Our favorite to watch is Lucifer. We actually set season release days aside and make a day of it.
6. We like to draw together. I usually do line art and she will color it in.
7. We like to go to the gym together (in the past, now we work out at home and share weights), not necessarily doing the same workout, just working out at the same time in the same place. Same for yoga.
8. We do each other’s beauty treatments. I wax his ass, he does my lip injections. I’ll do his pedicures, he colors my roots, I’ll pluck his brows, he spraytans me, I’ll do his chemical peels, he gives me lymphatic massages. It’s something we mutually enjoy and are good at and I love that we can share in rituals usually reserved as self-care. Also, we save a lot of money doing the services to each other rather than going to salons or spas.
9. Cooking. Put on some good vinyl, cook a meal together, eat together, and do the dishes together.
10. We love gardening and working on our landscaping around the house. Planning on what to do for the upcoming seasons, maintaining everything, and improving.
11. Wife and I are Open House junkies. Love to get ideas for our own place, and belittle things about places we don’t like.
12. We play Xbox. We have run through the Halo campaign start to finish multiple times together, but because Halo 5 is an awful piece of shit with no couch co-op, we started finding new games. We are currently 90% of the way through the first Borderlands game and loving it.
13. Running races. I complete (not very fast) marathons, and a couple of years ago, my wife decided to do a 5k to try it out. She got HOOKED! There’s a lot of races in my area (not this year) that have a 5k/10k the day before the “Big” race. I reign back so we can be together the whole time, since she’s slower than my own slow.
14. We have recently been doing the Hunt A Killer monthly subscription thing and really enjoy it.
15. DIY projects around the house. She finds the inspiration, I piece together the steps and work needed to make it happen.
16. Dancing! Dance classes and clubs are closed, but we’re always practicing new stuff via Youtube tutorials. Mostly cumbia and bachata.
17. We help each other self-care. I regularly give him foot rubs, back scratches, and hand rubs, he gives me back rubs and draws me baths when I’m stressed.
18. We enjoy making charcuterie/cheese boards together and enjoying them with a bottle of wine.
19. We both love museums and art galleries, our first date we went to two museums which we both enjoyed.
20. We like to play Scrabble together, but that can be a dangerous game haha. We are both SUPER competitive and it can get cutthroat!
21. We buy dollar store arts/crafts and do them together after work while drinking wine. It’s nothing serious and sometimes we don’t even bother doing separate pieces, just pass the one craft back and forth between each other, but it’s relaxing and enjoyable without much thought. And we have something to show for it at the end. Right now we have a simple painted butterfly wind chime tied to our blinds cord.
22. Camping. We bought about $350 of gear and my SUV can carry a small house’s worth of gear. Big tent and a decent air mattress.
23. Reading in hammocks. Hours in a day, multiple days in a row.
24. Casual gaming – Mario Kart, Katamari, and anything else that’s cheap and fun on the Switch.
25. We like to go Geocaching.
26. When we talk about childhood stuff (we were pretty similar) we buy some stuff we loved in our back then and play with it. For example dig boxes with dinosaur skeletons.
27. We like date weekends where we stay the night in a fancy hotel and spend an obscene amount of money on food and wine. We’re usually too stuffed when we get back to the room for any sexual activity, so we save that for morning
28. Talking our dog to the dog park.
29. I know it sounds lame, but during long car rides we will play the “I like about you” game where we just take turns saying things about each other that we admire.
30. I just enjoy existing in the same room. It’s nice to always have someone to bother with your random ass thoughts.