1. Lie about being fine when you’re secretly upset. Your forever person will want you to be honest, even when it’s hard, even when it make them feel uncomfortable. They won’t want you to pretend everything is okay to keep the peace. They won’t want you to feel like you have to walk on eggshells around them. They will want you to feel like you can come to them about anything. They will want to know how you’re feeling and they want to know how to make it better.
2. Fake your orgasms in order to give him an ego boost. If you fake an orgasm, your partner is going to assume everything they’re doing in the bedroom is working. They aren’t going to make any changes. They are going to keep repeating the moves and positions that didn’t do anything for you. In order to make your experience in the bedroom more pleasurable, you have to be honest about your feelings. You have to be open about what you want. If your forever person knows they need to do more, then next time they’re going to step up to the plate. Otherwise, history is going to repeat itself.
3. Keep secrets from him in order to avoid arguments. You can get through anything with your forever person. A fight won’t signal the end of the relationship, so you have to stop thinking of arguments as the end of the world. Sometimes arguments can make your relationship stronger. They can get important information out in the open, allow you to express your feelings, and allow you to see each other’s points of view. Every couple argues. As long as you’re treating each other respectfully, then confrontation isn’t necessarily a negative.
4. Cry in private to avoid making a scene. You should never feel pressured to hide your vulnerability from your partner. If your tears make them uncomfortable, if they run from the room as soon as you express emotion, then they aren’t the right person for you. Your forever person will be there when you’re upset. They will do whatever they can in order to dry your tears. They will act as your teammate, your rock, your support system.
5. Pretend to love something they love. No, you shouldn’t bash your partner’s favorite music or movie. You shouldn’t make them feel shitty about the things they care about deeply. However, you shouldn’t pretend you love all the same things they love in order to impress them, either. You’re not supposed to be a clone of your partner. It’s okay if you have different thoughts and opinions. It’s okay if you don’t agree on everything.
6. Give false compliments. You obviously don’t want to insult your partner. You don’t want to be mean. However, if they ask for your honest opinion, you’re allowed to give them constructive criticism. You’re allowed to speak your mind. Your partner is trusting you to be there for them, to be transparent with them, to communicate openly with them. You don’t want to get into the habit of lying.