1. Ask yourself how many hours of your day you think about the guy you just bought your groceries from? Or that girl you walked passed by?
If you don’t really give much thought to others than other people don’t give a fuck what you do. So stop being scared and YOLO.
2. Most of that comes from social competition and continuous comparison to others. Learn to compare yourself only to yourself. Did I do my best? What can I improve? How much do I want to improve next time? By comparing yourself to yourself you automatically stop comparing yourself to others. As a result you become happier, more goal oriented, more strategic and more accomplished/productive.
3. It’s possible that you thinking that everyone around you is judging you comes from you projecting your own critical judgement of others. The solution here would be to try to stop judging those around you so much and become more accepting of people in general. This will slowly alter your perception of others to the point where you stop worrying about them judging you.
4. Get rid of your social media.
5. For me, it started with realizing that everyone is thinking about themselves way more than they’re thinking about me. I’m not that important. In a good way!
6. This might help. Or it might be stupid. But the idea that everyone you meet in the day has had to use the toilet just like you might take away their mystery and the idea you have to care what they think.
They’re no better than you. Boil it down to biological functions and they have to do the same things you do. They can’t escape it. Even the queen.
7. I worked in retails for years. I figured out that I barely remember anyone or what they did. I only remember the complete pricks.
8. I think as soon as you turn 30, each year afterward you just naturally give about 10% less of a fuck what anybody else thinks.
9. I literally just remind myself that 90% of the people I run into will never see me again, so what’s the point of trying to impress?
10. It’s all part of the big picture about not caring about things that are unimportant to you, and only caring about things that bring you specific measurable benefit.
Does something benefit you? Great, put energy into that. Anything else, fuck it. Not worth your time unless you get something out of it.
11. By realizing that everyone is broken and human. They are just as worried about how you are judging them. The most important thing to focus on is what do YOU think of you. Live to be a better you, not a better impression of you.
12. Ask people questions, let them talk, and just listen. People love to be invited to talk about themselves. Generally, people care and think about themselves way more than they think about others. It sounds harsh but it’s actually liberating.
13. Desensitize yourself. Force yourself to do shit that makes you worry about what others are thinking. Eventually, you’ll stop thinking about it.
14. You know every single stupid thing you’ve done that will pop into your head years later? They have done stuff like that and worse.
15. Be yourself and give zero fucks about their opinion, because honestly, their thoughts do not rule your life. It’s not something to train, it’s something to unlearn.
16. Understandably this is delusional but my method is to assume one of three modes.
I am a God and your opinions carry as much importance as your worship for me.
I am a visiting alien from another planet. Your opinions are meaningless as well as difficult to understand. I am only here to eat your food and visit your theme parks.
I am an elder immortal who has lived long before you were born and shall continue to live long after you are dead. Your opinions only matter to you as I am far too busy to be bothered with them.
Foolish with a hint of insanity but I do get more stuff done now that the opinion of others hold no significance.