1. Now that you’ve blocked me, I finally know where you stand with me. The worst thing about our ‘relationship’ was that I never had any idea how you felt about me. I was never sure whether I was reading into things the right way. I was never sure whether you were interested in a serious relationship or were only stringing me along. And when you would randomly ghost me, I was never sure whether you were going to come back sometime soon or whether you were done with me for good that time. Blocking me gave me my answer. It told me everything I needed to know about you. It told me you weren’t worth my effort anymore.
2. Being blocked makes it so much easier to move on. I don’t have to see your posts anymore. I don’t have to see your pictures anymore. I don’t have to see you and your new girlfriend anymore. I’m never bombarded by reminders of you while I’m innocently strolling through my feed, minding my own business. The fact that you never appear on my social media has been surprisingly helpful. The best part? It doesn’t matter if there are moments when I’m tempted to get in touch with you again, moments when I’m tempted to check up on you, because it’s literally impossible. It’s a great way to prevent me from falling for you all over again.
3. Getting blocked was a wake-up call. Blocking me was a pretty crappy way to end our friendship. You could’ve talked to me. You could’ve given me a warning or let me down easy. Straight up blocking me out of the blue, even though we were flirting every other day, made me realize what kind of a person you were. I always saw the best in you, but really, you never treated me right. You never offered me any respect. Since blocking me was such a rude move, it was a wake-up call, alerting me that you aren’t good enough for me. We don’t actually belong together — and I finally see that now.
4. It stopped me from trying to win you back or ‘win the breakup.’ If we were still friends on social media, I would be posting pictures to impress you. I would be trying to make it look like you were missing out on something special. But since you can’t see my pages, I can relax. I don’t have to worry about putting on an act. I can simply be myself.
5. I never would’ve been the one to end the relationship. Honestly, I was too attached. Too stubborn. Too crazy about you. I would’ve kept giving you chance after chance if you stuck around. There wasn’t going to be a day when I woke up and realized you weren’t worth the trouble. I was willing to put in the work, willing to forgive you, willing to fight for you. I’m glad you blocked me because it gave me back my freedom. It gave me the chance to start over without you.