1. You’re allowed to be pissed. You don’t have to listen to the people who are telling you this is going to make for a good story one day or that everything is going to work out in the end. You don’t have to think positive right now. You’re allowed to freak out. You’re allowed to be angry. You’re allowed to be upset. Yes, you’re thankful you have your health and want everyone to stay safe, but that doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to feel sorry for yourself. It’s not fair that all the hard work you’ve put into this wedding, a day you’ve been dreaming about for years, is wasted. It’s not fair that this is happening to you.
2. There are plenty of people going through the same thing right now. Unfortunately, some people in your real life might not understand the weight of what you’re going through right now, they might feel like you’re overreacting, but there are other women out there who know what it’s like to do hours of research on venues and flowers and favors (and spend thousands of dollars for this perfect day) only to have everything fall apart in the end. There are other brides in your position. They are there for you if you need to rant or vent or cry your eyes out.
3. You were going to be stressed about your wedding, no matter what. Yes, this is much more stressful than you ever imagined your wedding planning was going to be. But even if this didn’t happen to you, you would’ve been worried about rain or worried about a certain family member causing drama or worried about your dress fitting quite right. This larger problem puts all the smaller problems into perspective. It makes you think about what really matters.
4. Everyone will understand if your plans change. If your wedding favors have the wrong date on them because you had to postpone, no one is going to care. If your invitations arrive late or you have to send them digitally, no one is going to care. If hotel reservations are already set and need to be cancelled, no one is going to care. Your postponed wedding might be inconvenient for your loved ones, but they know it isn’t your fault. They aren’t going to be annoyed with you. You don’t have to worry about them.
5. If your wedding isn’t for a little while longer, you get to stay excited for a little while longer. You’re only a bride once (hopefully), so as excited as you are for your big day, you won’t really want it to be over. At least, now, you still get to look forward to it.
6. You’re still going to marry your best friend. You’re still going to spend the rest of your life together. You’re still going to get a happy ending. And honestly, if you can get through such a tough situation together, it proves you’re going to be able to get through anything together. It proves that you really are meant to be married.