1. Time will pass whether you do nothing or you do something, so you might as well do something.
2. Mental illness EXPLAINS a behavior but doesn’t EXCUSE it.
Mental illness or trauma is not a valid excuse to be forgiven for toxic behavior.
3. Believe in yourself: It’s never too late to become what you might have been.
4. Healing is a process, but it’s the most rewarding feeling in the end.
5. Everyone has their own shit they are dealing with. That guy at the red light that didn’t go right away might have a loved one that just passed away, that woman at the grocery store that is taking too long to pay might have just lost her job. Be patient with people.
6. This too shall pass. Remember the bad times wont last forever so don’t get too hung up on then. But also, the good times will pass too, so remember to make the most of them.
7. You don’t always have to say “yes” to everything. You’re allowed to say no sometimes.
8. Be kind. With all the bullshit going on, with school shootings, mental health issues, and just frightening climate change, remember to be kind to people. It can have a wonderful effect on them… and you.
9. When you spread hope to others, you give hope to yourself in the end.
10. Being a good person does not entail being entirely kind but knowing when to be stern and when to be gentle.
11. Relationships don’t always work out, and that’s ok. Sometimes it’s not really your fault, no matter how much you blame yourself. Does that mean you still shouldn’t try and better yourself? Absolutely not. Keep on going, keep on trying. Things will get better.
12. There’s a real life person behind each post comment and message, and while you only think about how clever you are for insulting them for a second, they think about how much it hurt for much longer.
13. Nobody laid on their deathbed wishing they worked more. Make time for the people, and things outside of work that are important to you. Enjoy life! We don’t know how much time we get.
14. If it’s too much to deal with at the moment, just go to bed. Thinking about it won’t solve the problem.
15. You don’t have to set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
16. You survived 100% of your worst days.
17. Spend time with your loved ones, tomorrow isn’t promised.
18. You will die eventually and it probably will not be of embarrassment, so sometimes worry less and take a chance on things. Also you can learn far better from failure than from success, make sure to take that away when you do ‘lose’.
19. Control what you can control. This one is for all my people living with constant anxiety.
20. You need to invest for your future. Retirement can be a blessing but also a curse if you don’t have money.
21. Don’t act when you’re angry. Don’t make decisions when you’re sad. Don’t make promises when you’re happy.
22. Your shit stinks too sometimes. Self-reflection is part of being a good person people enjoy.
23. Your feelings are valid. You matter. You are important. You deserve happiness. You can do anything you set your mind to. You are amazing.
24. Don’t waste time on people that aren’t willing to offer a little bit of theirs. It’s draining and when you start ignoring those people, they’ll suddenly wanna be friends or start talking. From that you’ll learn you don’t have to please everyone. It’s quite nice.
25. It’s okay to stand up for yourself. You don’t have to apologize for refusing to be abused by people.
26. Done is better than perfect.
27. Helping people or being generous should not automatically mean expecting a return.
28. Stay humble, plan ahead and never let opportunity pass you by.
29. You can disagree peacefully.
30. Nobody thinks about you nearly as much as they do themselves. Frees you to be yourself.
31. Please don’t drink and drive. Every day 29 people are killed in the United States involving an alcohol impaired driver. Do not let your choices take others lives away.
32. We judge others by their actions, and ourselves by our intentions.
33. People don’t have to take the advice you give them even if they asked for it.
34. A few nice words can go a very long way.
35. It’s okay to make mistakes. We are all human and are not perfect. We can learn from our mistakes.
36. You’re probably luckier than you think you are.
37. Take time to yourself! Yes, life and work happen all the time but never forget to take time to do something you like to do, for you and nobody else but you.
38. Have a good time, do not waste your life away. Get up and have some fun or if you’re an introvert, get down, sit on your chair or bed and start playing some video games.
39. Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean that you are right.
40. You do NOT reward bad behavior! I know it sounds very obvious, but the amount of times I see people just giving others what they want after they do something wrong or stupid is crazy! People will continue to be assholes if you continually let them get away with it!
41. It’s ok to remove people from your life that are toxic.
42. Being kind never hurt anyone. You could make a difference in someone’s life with a single act of kindness, even something as simple as a smile.
43. That person behind the counter is just like you, treat them how you want to be treated.
44. It’s okay to disagree with people and not hate them for it.
45. A shitty situation rarely lasts forever. We all go through ups and downs. You just have to hold on until it gets better again.
46. That people (and the world) is not nearly as bad as it is made out to be.
47. Don’t worry about going in for a job interview. You can do it. When you applied initially, there was a part of you that knew you could do the job in the first place.
48. You shouldn’t waste money even if you’re rich…
49. Drink water dude.
50. Use sunscreen.