1. I burned his stuff and posted the picture of the fire on Facebook, then tagged him right in the center of the fire.
2. Went through his phone and caught him cheating as a result. It felt crazy to me because I am 100% NOT the type of person that does this.
3. Searched “photos liked by boyfriendsname” on Facebook.
4. My ex didn’t come home one too many times so I just snapped and ripped up photos and sprinkled the photo bits all over the bed and tore apart a little I love you teddy he gave me and left it on the bed to come home to. I felt like a crazy bitch the next day. And I’ve never actually admitted that to anyone
5. Turned on the read receipts on his phone when he asked me to fix something else in his settings.
6. Texted him for 3 weeks after we broke up basically telling him how much I love him and how much he’s changed the standard in future men and constantly apologizing for being so bad to him even though I wasn’t really.
I don’t know why I did that to be honest. I wanted to break up with him and kept brining it up so one day he agreed. I think it was my way of closure by saying all those things to him.
7. He was going to the mall with his one female friend he spent way too much time with (in my jealous opinion). She was going to be shopping for/ trying on bathing suits and I totally freaked out and “forbid” him from going. He made up some dumb excuse not to go and looking back I feel so bad about it.
8. Secretly followed my ex around on his campus to see how he spends his day. Turns out he was cheating on me the whole time so I don’t regret it.
9. Angry and long text messages that ranged anywhere from “why don’t you initiate plans with me” to “why are you liking all these girls’ pictures on Facebook?!?”
I was crazy with him but I found out he did do things behind my back… not sure if I drove him to it though.
When my current boyfriend and I got together 2 years ago, I still had these jealous tendencies and when we were doing long-distance for a few months I made a fake Instagram account and started following/watching stories of the girls he worked with at the time just to see if he was around in their lives. I would also freak out if he became friends with new women on Facebook, always wondering who they were.
I’ve mellowed out a lot now and have definitely realized that my current boyfriend is such an angel compared to the dicks I used to date. I’m probably known as batshit crazy by my past flings but oh well!
10. I’d convince myself we weren’t right for each other during panic attacks and in the moment break up with him. Then later apologize and hope he takes me back. This happened multiple times.
11. I would check my boyfriend’s location on snapchat maps every minute to see where he was and when the last time he opened snapchat was to see if he was purposely not opening my snapchats — he was, and he ended up being at a sorority house.
12. Ran behind his moving car, howling, in the middle of traffic.
13. He didn’t want to hang out that day so I took the train to his neighborhood. He brought his friends to the train station after their band rehearsal like he always did. He saw me walking around and I told him that I just like take walks in his area. It worked and I got to hang out with him because you know since I’m already there… I cringe just thinking about it because he definitively knew.
14. Found his ex-girlfriend on facebook using only her first name and the city he lived in when they were dating. He still doesn’t know how I did it, luckily he found it more impressive than creepy.
15. With my ex-boyfriend I always insisted on helping him with his laundry. He thought I was being sweet; really I was training him pavlov-style. That way if he ever screwed things up with me (he did) he would have to think about what he lost every time he had to do his own laundry.
16. Shameful to say this but when I was in my early 20s I didn’t talk to my date and berated him all evening because he walked ahead of me into the restaurant and didn’t wait for me.
17. When he cheated on me and then gaslit me about it I paid $30 to have 500 “Ex’s Name Sucks” stickers made and put them in all the bars downtown.
People judge me hard but I still think it’s the funniest thing I’ve ever done.
18. When we were on a break, I constantly got drunk and rang his doorbell instead of texting/calling like a normal person. When he didn’t answer the door, I’d peek through the letter slot and would usually see him in the kitchen, trying to ignore me.
19. Made him delete any attractive girls from Facebook.
20. I sent an ex several nude pictures hoping he would get back with me. After he told me to stop and we got in an argument about it. So I hooked up with a guy from Tinder and sent my ex a couple videos of me giving him a blowjob to try to make him jealous.
No good reason for this I was just in a bad place at the time and was definitely the crazy girlfriend.
21. Found a hair bobbin on the floor and became convinced he was cheating on me.
Turns out it was mine.
I do not take that birth control pill anymore.
22. Thought I saw a Tinder notification on my ex’s phone so I redownloaded the app and made a new account then set my radius to 1 mile and the age to his age and went looking for him rather than actually ask about it.
I mean I was right but still.
23. I returned a fleece to this guy I stopped seeing but before I did I sprayed it with my perfume. At the time, I thought it might be kinda subtle (just like a hint of my smell on there) but in hindsight, it probably smelt like I sprayed it!
24. “Hacked” into my (now ex’s) Laptop and email. His passwords were the same and really easy to guess.
But I did find out he was telling everyone I was crazy and he was only with me out of pity along with emails from swinger and hook up sites so I guess it was kind of justified…..
25. I was positive he was still on Tinder after we’d been dating for 7 months, so while he was sleeping next to me, I downloaded the app, set my distance to one mile, and swiped through every single guy on there to see if I could find him while I cried about it.
26. Smashed a plate on the floor at like 3am after I found my ex cheating on me sexting someone for the second time.
27. My ex was applying for a coveted spot in a university. I emailed the dean with all of his cheating when we went to school together. So he wouldn’t be accepted.
28. I built a steel clamp (yes I went to the machine shop and spent time designing a solid model, cutting, lathing, boring, sanding the damn thing) just so i could crush our 3 year anniversary ring. You may wonder at some point, polancomodanco, why didn’t you just use an already built clamp? Because I wanted to crush it in my own hands, and since i wasn’t strong enough to do that, I figured a clamp made by my hands, was good enough to feel like I was crushing it in my hands.
29. My man cheated on my while I was pregnant, told me he was gonna leave me. Told him to GTFO, proceeded by me crying hysterically. He comes back, myself being a dumb crazy bitch let him stay. Has been cheating on me and lying constantly ever since, suicide is sounding more and more like an appropriate option. Took a good bite out of his arm after his most current offense. Will update when the crazy fully takes over my broken bipolar brain.
30. When we would fight I would run off. I would head down the road no matter the weather. My now husband would have to chase me down and convince me to come back. I grew up in an abusive family and I was so afraid I was not enough and that I was not worth loving that I believed I should leave first. I hate that I was that way. I didn’t accept how abusive my parents are until recently.
I stopped doing this years ago, but I still need space after an argument sometimes. Luckily, we really don’t argue much because we have good communication skills that we have developed over our 16 years together (10 married). I know he isn’t going to leave me because we had a disagreement. He is a kind, patient man and our relationship helped me to grow as a person.
Recognizing something is wrong and working on it is important. We all make mistakes. We were all dumb kids once. Learning from our mistakes is important. My relationship with my husband is my safe place. We have been through things that tear couples apart, losing friends, family, even our oldest daughter to trisomy 18. We support each other. We went to grief counseling after losing our daughter, and it was mostly to learn how to deal with everyone else. I am in therapy right now because of the abuse I suffered and it helps. We cut my parents out of our lives about 7 months ago and they have been harassing us constantly. I won’t do what they did to me. My parents fought constantly. Life was never stable. I never saw a really healthy relationship. Now, my husband and I are in a healthy relationship. We model good behaviors so our daughters will know what a healthy relationship looks like. We would have never gotten to thithis point if we hadn’t put the work into our relationship.
31. I found a girl’s wallet in my boyfriend’s car after he said he was sick at home and I threw all of the contents out of the window on the freeway… I felt bad about it but not after I found out he was cheating on me.
32. Ah fuck…. when my boyfriend and I first got together I was fucking insane honestly and idk why he’s still with me after 3 years (plus we broke up before and then got back together). I used to just spam him all the time if he wasn’t answering me and then flip out on him for not answering, along with obsessively checking when he was online. I didn’t even want him talking to other girls, regardless of who they were (unless it was family obviously). I would beg him to hangout with me even if he wasn’t in the mood and then flip out when I went over and he was in a bad mood. I’ve obsessively stalked every single ex gf of his and even girls that he’s had sex with. Would flip out about him liking other girls photos. I went through his phone once and found nothing then convinced myself that he must be deleting messages. Sometimes when I was feeling super crazy and he wasn’t answering me id tell him to “have fun with whoever you’re with”. I don’t like thinking about those times because of the shame and embarrassment. Thankfully i’ve got on the right meds and went to a psychiatrist and am waaaaay less controlling now. I’m grateful for him staying with me cause fuck I would’ve dropped my ass. I’m not even sure where all the trust issues came from as well because he’s never been dishonest to me and he’s my first relationship.
33. That’s a tough one to answer, it’s either crying for 6 hours straight, breaking into his house, stealing his car, punching him in the head over pizza, breaking up with him and then getting back together with him.
Most of those were separate events.
I was not a nice person.
34. Checked his messages without him knowing.
We had a very hard moment in our relationship two years back that broke my trust (emotional cheating), which led to the sneakiness. Never thought I’d be that person, but I was. Things weren’t great for a couple months but we managed to get things back on track and I haven’t done so in months. (And yes, he’s now aware of me going through his phone).
35. A few days after losing my virginity to some random dude I met online (consensually, to be clear) I called an ex that I had dated for THREE WEEKS and hysterically cried telling him I should have lost it to him. Poor guy had no fucking clue what was happening. I suppose that’s more of a crazy ex-girlfriend thing.
36. Phoned him several dozen times because he wasn’t answering in less than half an hour on MULTIPLE occasions.
37. According to the guy I was seeing, I was crazy for following through on our established plans to meet at the lake in spite of his not having confirmed it the morning-of. I sent him a couple messages asking if we were still on and figured maybe he’d had a problem with his phone, so I’d just go ahead and enjoy the sunshine and meet him there. Reliable people keep their plans unless something’s wrong, right?
Turns out he’s not reliable. Apparently expecting him to keep his commitments and being a little annoyed that he “just woke up and didn’t feel like it” makes me crazy. Got a ticket driving there, too.
38. …I kept his Xbox. I figured he would contact me since he left it at my house. I ended up playing halo and got super competitive with it.
39. Found out (by snooping, since he’d cheated before and I wasn’t a good person) he’d joined an adult dating site and used it to set up a threesome one weekend when I was out of town. Set up my own account, messaged the couple pretending to be someone interested in a threesome and that the (now ex) BF has said he’d had a good night with them, to confirm it had actually happened and he couldn’t deny it. They confirmed it, he still adamantly denied it and said it was my fault that he’d cheated because he “lost the spark”
After the inevitable split a little while later I printed out the screenshots I’d taken from his profile/messages, plus some other texts and sent them to his ultra conservative family
40. My high school boyfriend ditched me on the night of my prom (just didn’t come to pick me up, after I was all dressed up and ready to go) so he could go to his ex girlfriend’s house and hang out with her. My friends and their boyfriends all chipped in for my dinner so I could go out with them before the dance, but then I went home because I couldn’t handle going to prom alone, knowing I’d been ditched.
After prom was over, my friends showed back up at my house with several cartons of eggs. We drove to the ex girlfriend’s house, found my boyfriend’s prized Mustang, and egged the shit out of it. Oh, it was also a convertible and had the roof down, so the eggs got all in the upholstery and stuff too. My best friend’s boyfriend also apparently knifed the tires, though I didn’t find out about that until later.
Looking back, it was a childish, mean thing to do. But man it felt good that night.
41. Called his work crying and told them it was an emergency and he needed to call home asap. I was having a panic attack and my anxiety had convinced me that his depression was extra bad that day and the incident from a year or two before (disappeared after I found what looked like a suicide note – later changed his mind and came home) was happening again. I knew it was irrational, but the more I tried to fight it, the more my anxiety plucked random details of the morning out of the air and attached significance to them until I finally had to call. Two hours of panic attacks later, he called back and I explained and he explained each of the details until I was done panicking. Definitely still dissolved into tears when he came home at the end of his work day and held me close, though. Due to the aforementioned incident, I’ve also been the “crazy” wife who left multiple missed calls on his phone because I got really worried a couple of times when he lost track of time while he was out.
For what it’s worth, I’m finally on some meds that sort of work for my anxiety, he’s back on meds, and we talk about each other’s mental states all the time now. And I only called his work the one time except for when it was an actual health emergency for a beloved pet.
42. Sent him a video of myself crying as a way to “reason” with him after he broke up with me.
43. Messaged the girl who slept in my bed with my fiancé (at the time) on Facebook and let her know I found the video she sent him of her riding her hairbrush handle. He saved the video to my laptop. Like an idiot. She was an ass about it, by the way.
44. Hid on his roof while the cops were looking for me. We had a fight and he thought I was going to hurt myself.
45. Found out my husband was cheating went to his girlfriend’s house with 2 trash bags of his shredded clothes, smashed cologne bottles in side, and a copy of our marriage certificate and dropped it at her door step with a note saying, “He’s your problem now enjoy” with a “P.S. the return policy is expired you’re stuck with him.”
46. I made us on the sims and made us have a bunch of kids.
47. A friend of mine flew across the US, pretending to want to reconcile with her recent ex, in order to lock herself in the bathroom with his laptop and wipe the hard drive.
(In her defense, he was trying to send her parents and college professors her nudes and get her expelled and in trouble.)
48. I was hormonal and PMSing and so m BF brought me take out from my favorite sub shop. I cried when I opened it because it was my favorite sub, but I didn’t want my favorite – I wanted my second favorite sub.
49. Paid money to access my boyfriend’s court records because my mom had somehow convinced me he was lying about a certain court case that involved his ex. It turns out he was actually telling the truth. I was only skeptical because he has been known to embellish stories to make them more entertaining. This was while we were broken up for about two weeks, and I feel guilty about it all the time for even doubting him.
50. Found out my ex of 3 years had been cheating on me and had stolen money from my savings and my mother’s safe jewelry to make presents to this other girl for months… Went out with my friends the following night. We all got a bit drunk and for some reason had to poop at the same time. We though it was a good idea to poop on his car. So we walked to his house at 3 am and we all left a little poop on different parts of the car. I AM NOT PROUD. But I don’t regret it either.