1. Flirting is an art form to you, like a delicate dance. Executed well, it can be a delightful titillation between you and another person, which is why it’s so lovely in the first place. It’s the ultimate mental dance!
2. Yes, in order to flirt with someone you need to have some level of attraction toward them, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you want to date them. You just find them interesting and the only way to relay that to them is by joking, laughing, and showering them with compliments and generally seeming like you are interested in their body being on your body. Oops.
3. You don’t mean to give anyone the wrong impression, but your primary way of relating (and charming) people is by being flirty, whether you are trying to flirt or not, it just sort of comes out of you like this involuntary reflux of eyelashes being bat and winks being winked all over the place.
4. You are either incredibly flirty or incredibly cold, because you truly do not know how to interact with people without giving off the flirt vibe, so sometimes you just have to shut your friendliness down to the point of almost being indifferent.
5. Your charm is untouchable and you can smooth over any matter of disagreement or annoyance simply by turning the flirt-o-meter up a smidge.
6. Need to call AT&T to get your bill adjusted? How about sending back your food if it wasn’t prepared well? What about a Starbucks order gone wrong? Not a problem! Every single person you come in contact with –man or woman– cannot resist your friendliness. You could bring about world peace just by flipping the flirt switch on.
7. Some people might accuse you of being a tease, but really, you’re just having fun –mental, a little bit sexy, fun. It’s harmless! You just enjoy the rush of it and, while it could seem callous from the outside, it’s simply a way you relate to people.
8. However, when you actually do have feelings for someone, you are the most awkward, droll, shy person that has ever existed. Suddenly your brain stops working. Your words? None, they are all gone! You’ll make it a point to flirt with everyone around the person you actually want to be flirting with.
9. When you find someone that also has a flirty personality, it’s a meeting of the minds unlike anything else that has come before it. No physical contact (besides arm grabs or light touches) are initiated, because the key to a great flirtationship is to leave sex out of it. This is purely sex of the mental variety.
10. Even if you’re attached, you will use an opportunity out with friends to get your flirt on with the bartender, server, bouncer, basically anyone, because god knows you have to stretch those flirt muscles, perhaps even more so when you’re in a long-term relationship.
11. You are not above overusing the wink emoji to an almost insufferable degree.
12. Even when you’re trying to turn down the flirt, your behavior gets interpreted as flirty. You feel as though sometimes you need to preface a conversation with someone by saying, “No, I’m not trying to hit on you, I just genuinely think you’re great. Please don’t misinterpret my gushing and sorry if I’m making you uncomfortable, this is my natural state and I don’t know how to turn it off.”
13. Sure, you might have a little bit of an advantage over others, simply because people tend to like you (because you like them so much!). But, the last thing you’d want to do is rub that in anyone’s face, because your heart is big enough for everyone to have a piece. You’re just a lover by nature, who can blame you for that?
14. You have a signature flirt move and you’ll pull that out of your back pocket on an unsuspecting person and they will be just tickled by it.
15. You are genuinely interested in people and want to make them feel like they matter and are special to you. You truly want other people to feel good and there is no manipulation of any kind going on. If anything, your flirtation serves as a means to lift yourself and another person up, because, most times, it’s a mutually beneficial exchange of smiles and excitement over connecting with each other. You’re like a modern-day saint, basically.