In the United States, we certainly don’t make voting easy. In many modern nations, the government automatically registers every citizen, and holds elections on weekends so to make voting as easy as possible for the largest number of people.
In America, however, we love making things harder and more complicated. Citizens, in a process that is much more cumbersome than it should be, are forced to register and renew their own voter’s registration. Most elections are held on Tuesdays (??), and many states put in place Voter ID provisions that are specifically designed to stop certain groups from voting (i.e. the poor and minorities).
So, to hopefully give you a little extra motivation to vote in this upcoming Presidential primary season and beyond, here are some people from Mike Huckabee’s Facebook page who are pretty much guaranteed to show up at the ballot box. Do you want them to be the only ones??
1. How does a regular restroom become a bathhouse?
2. Pretty sure Jesus said to take care of the poor and stick…everywhere.
3. Mike Huckabee died for our sins! Read all about it in the Bible’s “Book of Huck” where Jesus rides a dinosaur with his 2nd amendment-protected machine gun and decries Planned Parenthood.
4. Smug w/ Satan.
5. I wonder how much money they got from this sale?
7. Haven’t virtually all of our Presidents professed to be Christian??
8. Mandatory minimums and mandatory homosexuality
9. Jesus, this escalated REAL quick.
10. Umm, if the gays have bought the media, where’s my share?
11. Caps-Lock for the loss.
12. Okay, this one was a joke, but too good to not include.
Fellow millennials, PLEASE PLEASE remember to vote this election.