Spanish Man Dies After Restaurant Pours Him A Glass Of Dishwasher Detergent Instead Of Wine

Modified from Flickr / Stephanie Dillingham and Flickr / Quinn Dombrowski
Modified from Flickr / Stephanie Dillingham and Flickr / Quinn Dombrowski

A screwed up order usually just costs a restaurant some business, but this time it seems to have cost a man his life.

Andres Lorente, a 50-year-old man from Spain, stepped into a cafe with the intentions of enjoying a relaxing glass of white wine.

Instead, he was given a colorless, odorless, glass of dishwasher detergent. Extremely potent, even after only having a sip or two, Lorente was rushed to the hospital where he died.

Apparently the detergent was being stored inside an empty wine bottle, inside the refrigerator, where it was found by an unknowing waiter.

The Cafe’s owner was arrested and taken in for questioning by the local police. He was released on bail later that night.

Authorities say the evidence points toward a crime of negligence, rather than homicide.

Lesson for the rest of us: don’t store your poisonous cleaning supplies in an empty wine bottle. TC mark

h/t Sky105

Jacob Geers

Jacob has written things @ Thought Catalog. Maybe Like him👍 and Follow him🙋?

250+ Questions To Ask A Girl If You Want To Know Who She REALLY Is

What’s one thing that’s happened to you in your life that made you feel weak?

Do you have a hunch about how you’re going to die?

What’s one thing you would say that makes you unique from other people?

Do you screenshot the sweet texts that people send you? What is the last one you’ve received?

What would make you leave someone you love?

Is there anything about me as a person or my behaviors that you question?

Click Here

More From Thought Catalog

blog comments powered by Disqus