1. He’s really good at what he does.
Who else can navigate through an asteroid field? Or, just float away with the trash as an escape route? He has his moments. He definitely has his moments.
2. He has the best toys.
The Millennium Falcon made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs!
3. His sidekick is a Wookie.
Chewbacca is rad. I always wanted my sidekick to be a Wookie.
4. He’d risk his life for his best friend.
On Hoth, when Luke doesn’t check in, Han risks his own life to search for Luke in below freezing temperatures. After his own Tauntaun dies in the search he slices it open and puts Luke inside that stinky beast to keep him warm while he sets up camp. He’s a badass.
5. He may have a sordid past but has a good heart.
Sure, he’s a smuggler and Jabba may want him frozen in carbon due to money owed, but he stays when his friends need him even if it risks his own life. Everyone deserves a second chance.
6. When he gets jealous he doesn’t take it out on you or the guy you’re trying to make him jealous with.
Leia may regret kissing her own brother, but stubborn runs in the family and it does the trick when she wants to make Han jealous. Han takes it in stride and doesn’t let it affect his friendship or his feelings for her either.
7. When you finally tell him you love him he answers back with “I know”.
This is one of the most romantic moments on film. It has forever immortalized those two words to be something so much more than they already were.
8. Scruffy looking scoundrels get me every time.
9. You know his scathing nicknames are just to cover up that he really likes you.
I don’t really know any women that like to be called “Princess” how he says it, even if they are technically Princesses. But there’s a hilarious hint of sarcasm yet hidden desire in his calling her this.
10. His style is timeless.
If a guy showed up dressed as Han for a date, I might not be liable for my own actions.