In times of uncertainty, may we run to the One who gives us life, not to the grocery store.
Does anyone else feel like the world just suddenly became the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song? You know what I’m talking about. It goes something like this”
“Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I’d like to take a minute, just sit right there
…to tell you how coronavirus is no match for the man upstairs.”
It is my hope to love and serve others well during this time, and I hope you will join me.
Here are some things we can all be doing:
1. Go shopping or run errands for your grandparents or elderly neighbor.
2. Offer to watch those kiddos who are no longer able to go to school.
3. Wash your hands and clean and sanitize your place of work, school, home, etc.
4. Cook a meal for a family, friend, or neighbor—so many depend on those school, church, or shelter meals.
5. Share all those supplies you have stockpiled and trust that God will continue to provide.
6. Say an extra prayer for those whose lives just drastically changed, whether it be the seniors who didn’t realize those last moments were coming so soon or that foreign exchange student saying goodbye to the place they were just learning to call home.
7. Provide a safe place for the child who doesn’t love being home.
8. Pray for those with anxiety and other mental health illnesses who are still learning to cope with and adjust to this sudden change.
9. Stay home if you’re sick or if you feel you might’ve been exposed.
10. Offer to drive someone where they need to go to reduce the use of public transportation.
11. Stay optimistic and proceed with calmness—the younger generation is watching you.
12. Pray for the healthcare workers, first responders, government officials, and all of those that will be serving on the frontline of all of this.
Don’t be selfish. Love others, provide hope, serve where you can, and stay safe.
But use all of this as an opportunity to show someone Jesus! Through your actions, your words, your peacefulness, your prayers, God is going to do amazing things!
And He is going to bring healing!