1. Be the girl who isn’t afraid to laugh at herself, who still manages to pull off the worst of jokes, and can effortlessly brighten a room with the sound of her laughter.
2. Be the girl who is self-aware and recognizes her own flaws. The girl who continually strives to better herself.
3. Be the girl who is comfortable in her own skin; the girl that doesn’t let her insecurities stand in the way of her happiness. Be the girl who knows it’s okay to have insecurities but it’s not okay to give those insecurities the power to eat away at her.
4. Be the girl whom friends can call at 2 in the morning with a problem. Be the girl willing to drop everything for the people she loves. Don’t, however, be the girl who lets people walk all over her.
5. Be the girl who is willing to take risks. Be the girl who can experiment and try new things without losing sight of her values.
6. Be the girl who refuses to let a man dull the sparkle in her eyes.
7. Be the girl who knows how to choose her battles wisely. Be the girl who will fight for what she believes in, but not fight for the sake of fighting.
8. Be the girl who knows how to apologize for her mistakes. Be the girl who refuses to apologize for her feelings, beliefs, or morals.
9. Be the girl you’d want your son to bring home to you.
10. Be the girl that has faith in something bigger than herself. It can be faith in anything — just always have some type of faith.
11. Be the girl who can take a compliment graciously.
12. Be the girl who is humble in her achievements.
13. Be the girl that wears her heart on her sleeve, who is capable of being vulnerable, who can live without fear of being brokenhearted. Be the girl that can have the strength to be hurt but not broken.
14. Be the girl unafraid to sing at the top of her lungs, even if it’s off key. Be the girl willing to dance like an idiot without fear of what others will think.
15. Be the girl who is capable of doing things on her own, but don’t be afraid to be the girl who asks for help when she needs it.
16. Be the girl who is smart enough to know when it’s time to let something or someone go.
17. Be the girl who has a thirst for knowledge, who sees beauty in the world around her and constantly strives to learn more about it.
18. Be the girl who is compassionate and empathetic; who will lend a hand when she can to a complete stranger, and who will listen without a judgmental ear.
19. Be the girl who sees the best in people, but does not ignore the worst.
20. Be the girl that can take her own advice.
21. Be the girl who knows how to forgive. Be the girl who knows how to gracefully accept an apology. Be the girl who, when she accepts an apology, doesn’t bring the issue up again at a future time in an unrelated fight.
22. Be the girl who sticks to her words. Be the girl who does every thing within her power to not break a promise.
23. Be the girl who is willing to get her hands a little dirty.
24. Be the girl who leads instead of follows.
25. Be the realistic girl; the one who has reasonable standards and doesn’t compromise for them.
26. Be the girl who refuses to settle for anything less than she absolutely deserves.
27. Be the girl who lives by the rule of thumb that if you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face, don’t say it behind their back.
28. Be the skeptical girl; the one who listens to rumors without thinking they’re absolute facts, and the one who will not participate in mean-spirited gossip.
29. Be the girl who gives other people the benefit of the doubt.
30. Be the girl who works for what she wants. Be the girl who would rather earn her way rather than cheat her way through life.
31. Be the girl who does not need a significant other in her life, who can thrive on her own, and does not need someone else’s affection to validate her self worth.
32. Be the girl who looks for an equal in a romantic partner, not a superior or a subordinate.
33. Be the girl who owns her sexuality, who is unashamed of it, and who can be sexual in a physically and mentally healthy way. Be the girl who will not let anyone else own her sexuality.
34. Be the girl who is able to express herself in ways that words cannot.
35. Be the girl who sees beauty in imperfection.
36. Be the girl who does not need to put others down in order to feel better about herself.
37. Be the girl who is kind to everyone, not just her equals or superiors.
38. Be the girl who knows when to listen and when to speak.
39. Be the girl who uses her hands and her words to heal rather than to harm.
40. Be the girl who can think for herself, who takes others’ opinions into consideration, and only alters her worldview at her own discretion.
41. Be the girl is playful. Be the girl who knows the appropriate times to be serious and to have fun.
42. Be the girl who is comfortable with silence.
43. Be the girl who gives her all in a relationship, fearlessly. Be the girl who does not hold a man in comparison to the men of her past. Be the girl who does not let past hurts affect a current relationship.
44. Be the girl who is an open book, who is unashamed of any past mistakes.
45. Be the girl who owns her fears. Be the girl unafraid to admit she has fears. Be the girl willing to overcome fears.
46. Be the girl who learns from the past. Be the girl who does not dwell on what she did or didn’t do, but accepts it for something she cannot change.
47. Be the girl who can have a conversation with just about anyone.
48. Be the girl with a firm handshake.
49. Be the girl who will look people in the eyes as she speaks to them, who chooses her words wisely, and thinks before she makes a major decision.
50. Be the girl who recognizes that possessing these traits makes her a woman.