1. “You need to stop focusing on the darkness behind you. The past is the past. Nothing can change what we’ve done.” — Walter White
Everyone makes mistakes. You can’t spend your whole life dwelling on your regrets. You can’t allow your mind to remain anchored to your past instead of focusing on the present. You need to put effort into healing so you can move on with your life. You need to say goodbye to yesterday so you can get ready for tomorrow.
2. “Maybe we should only have sex once if it’s the same thing? Should we just watch one sunset? Or live just one day? Because it’s new every time. Each time is a new experience.” — Jane Margolis
Not every single day is meant to be an adventure. Even though you might feel like you’re living through the same routine day after day, there are still little pieces of beauty to be found in the everday. You’re never going to have the same exact experience twice so you should live in the moment. You should treasure it while it lasts.
3. “Some people are immune to good advice.” — Saul Goodman
You can’t talk sense into some people. You can’t make them see reason. You can’t save them from themselves. Sometimes, you have to step aside and let them live their own lives, even though it might hurt like hell to watch them go.
4. “Every life comes with a death sentence. So, every few months I come in here for my regular scan knowing full well that one of these times—hell, maybe even today—I’m gonna hear some bad news. But until then, who’s in charge? Me. That’s how I live my life.” — Walter White
Sometimes, bad things happen to good people. You can’t control what the universe throws at you. And you can’t control other people. But you are in complete and total control of yourself. You get to decide how you’re going to spend the rest of your life. You get to make your own choices, so make some good ones.
5. “I have spent my whole life scared – frightened of things that could happen, might happen, might not happen. Fifty years I spent like that… What I came to realize is that fear, that’s the worst of it. That’s the real enemy. So, get up, get out in the real world and you kick that bastard as hard you can right in the teeth.” – Walter White
You cannot allow your fear to take control of you. You cannot allow your doubts to trick you into giving up on yourself. You need to push aside your worries and your insecurities. You need to have faith in yourself and tell your fears to go screw themselves.
6. “The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I’ll never make that mistake again. No more half measures.” — Mike Ehrmantraut
If you want something badly enough, then you need to chase after it. Pour all of your effort into making your dreams come true. Yes, it might be risky, but some risks are willing to take. Some risks are going to lead you toward greatness.
7. “It is growth, then decay, then transformation. It is fascinating, really.” — Walter White
You’re going to make mistakes. You’re going to face hardships. You’re going to have rough days. However, you’re also going to grow. You’re going to change. You’re going to transform into a stronger version of yourself over time. You’re getting there, slowly.