1. “When and if we end up together, it has to be as equals.”
You should never settle for a relationship where you’re disrespected. You should never stay with someone who is unable to see your worth. You should wait for someone who acts as your teammate, who views you as an equal.
2. “Just because we can’t be together doesn’t mean I don’t love you.”
Sometimes, love is not enough. Having strong feelings for someone doesn’t mean you’re meant to be together. It doesn’t mean this person is capable of giving you everything you deserve. It might be best for you to part ways, even though it’s hard.
3. “He ended up treating me like something he owned instead of something he earned.”
You’re a catch. Never forget that fact. It doesn’t matter whether you’re in the early stages of your relationship or whether you’ve been together for years. Your partner should never take advantage of your soft heart. They should never act like you’re their property. They should treat you with respect, always.
4. “You deserve someone who would move mountains for you if he had to.”
You shouldn’t settle for the first person who shows interest in you. You shouldn’t assume you should take what you can get because it would be greedy to ask for more. You deserve everything your heart desires. You deserve someone who would do anything within their power to see you smile.
5. “I’m not a stop along the way, I’m a destination.”
Remember, even though some people might treat you like you’re temporary, you’re so much more than a fling. Anyone would be lucky to have you, so don’t let a little bit of heartbreak shake your confidence.
6. “Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.”
If you want something (or someone) badly enough, you should go out there and get them. Don’t sit around, waiting for the timing to be right. Don’t expect someone else to do the work for you. Nothing good in this world is going to be handed to you. You need to fight for it.
7. “I don’t need a boyfriend to be fulfilled.”
Relationships can be beautiful — but they’re not a necessary step toward happiness. It’s entirely possible to feel fulfilled without romantic love in your life. Regardless of what some people want you to believe, being single isn’t the end of the world. Not at all.
8. “If you go back with an uncertain heart, there will be drama and disaster for all.”
You don’t want to play with someone’s heart. You don’t want to lead them on when you aren’t sure whether they’re the one you really want. Try to be as authentic as possible. Try not to break hearts in the process of protecting your own.
9. “As you can see, I survived without you.”
Even though your heartbreak might feel like the end of the world, even though it might feel like you will never get over a certain someone, you will survive. You will come out stronger. You will prove you don’t need a partner in order to thrive.
10. “Forget boys. Keep your eyes on the prize.”
Even though it might not feel like it, there are more important things than boys. If you’re unlucky in love right now, focus on your career or friendships or hobbies. Try your best to create a world where you aren’t relying on someone else to bring you happiness.
11. “Have a little faith, and if that doesn’t work, have a lot of mimosas.”
When everything in your life is falling apart, spend some time with your friends. A few laughs (and a few drinks) could be exactly what you need to feel better.