1. If you give up on yourself then there’s zero chance you’re going to succeed. However, if you keep going, if you keep putting in the work and trying your hardest, then there is a chance you could reach your dreams. There’s a chance you could end up with everything you’ve ever wanted. Since you love what you’re doing anyway, there’s no reason to quit in the middle of the race. Giving up guarantees that you’re never going to reach your destination. Trying means that you have a real shot at reaching the finish line.
2. “Your reaction to the test is part of the test.” This quote from Delilah S. Dawson rings true, regardless of what you’re trying to achieve. You’re not going to reach success overnight. You’re going to have to work for it. That means you’re going to have to remain patient. The road ahead of you isn’t going to be smooth from start to finish. There are going to be speedbumps along the way, but the way you handle the issues that arise will determine how successful you’ll be in the future.
3. You’re closer to your dreams today than you were yesterday. You might feel like you aren’t making any progress because you haven’t gotten the results you want yet, but take a look at how far you’ve come. You’re not the same person as you were weeks, months, or years ago. You’ve grown. You’ve learned. You’re inching closer and closer to your destination, even if you don’t realize it. You might have a long way to go, but you don’t want to give up when you’ve already come so far.
4. Your dreams are dreams for a reason. You want this. You need this. So why would quitting be an option in your mind? If you want something badly enough, if it’s the only thing that will make you happy, then you should keep going. Ignore the people who are instilling doubts in your mind. Ignore the pessimistic voice in the back of your head, trying to convince you to give up. Remember, you’re not foolish for trying. You’re incredibly brave.
5. Comparing your journey to somebody else is only a waste of time. Maybe you feel like you’re behind. Maybe you feel like you should have achieved more by now. It’s only human nature to compare yourself to those around you, but remember that timelines are imaginary. There isn’t a certain age when you’re supposed to reach success. It can happen at any point in time. It might happen for others earlier or might happen for you later but it doesn’t say anything about your worth. You’re simply on different paths than the people around you.
6. You should never feel silly for following your dreams. Don’t give up because you’re worried you’re wasting your time. Don’t give up because you’re scared of failure. Only give up if the journey is no longer bringing you happiness. Otherwise, you can rest assured that you’re doing the right thing. You’re following your heart. You’re taking a chance on yourself. You’re choosing to keep moving forward, even when it’s hard, even when it’s inconvenient, even when someone else in your shoes might simply give up.