1. You are a badass. You are a fighter. You are going to get over this heartbreak and emerge stronger than before.
2. You didn’t deserve what they did to you. You are not to blame for their mistreatment of you. You are not in control of their actions. You are only in control of your own.
3. It wasn’t your fault someone toxic picked you as a target. It doesn’t mean you were weak or gullible. It simply means you chose to see the best in someone you hoped saw the best in you too.
4. You are lovable, even if they did not love you. You are beautiful, even if you do not feel that way right now.
5. You never have to settle in a relationship or a friendship or a career. Keep your expectations high. Consistently remind yourself of what you deserve.
6. If someone cannot treat you right, they don’t deserve any part of you. You don’t owe them a phone call or a text. You aren’t obligated to listen to their apology or let them back into your world.
7. Heartache will only make your heart stronger. Remember, your vulnerability is a strength, not a weakness.
8. Not everyone is going to hurt you the way they have hurt you. History isn’t going to continue to repeat itself. You should be careful moving forward, but you should not be closed off or you could miss out on something great.
9. If your relationship didn’t work out, it wasn’t meant to last. You are meant to discover something even greater.
10. Even if it feels like your world is ending, everything is going to be okay soon. One day, you are going to wake up without their name in your head. You are going to smile and laugh — and it won’t have anything to do with them.
11. Dating isn’t supposed to make you this miserable. It’s not supposed to make you this stressed.
12. The right person is going to make the bullshit you’re going through now feel less shitty. They are going to make you happy you held out for something better.
13. You can cry over them today. But don’t cry over them tomorrow. They don’t deserve to take up too much space in your mind.
14. Just because this relationship didn’t work out doesn’t mean the next one isn’t going to work out. Each relationship is different. Each love is different.
15. Your soft heart is a blessing, not a curse. Feeling as strongly as you do is what makes you such a beautiful human.
16. You deserve the type of love you’ve been trying to give to others. Don’t let yourself settle for less.
17. You matter. You mean something. Never doubt that fact.
18. Every broken heart can love again. This isn’t the last time you’ll feel butterflies.
19. Falling apart isn’t anything to be ashamed about. It’s healthy to be in touch with your emotions — even if that means crying your eyes out.
20. Heartache happens to everyone. But there is more love in your life than you realize.
21. You are going to find happiness. You are going to find peace. You are going to be okay.
22. You don’t have to change yourself in order to convince someone to love you. You aren’t perfect, but you are growing, and that’s what matters.