1. You bring out the best in each other. You’ve noticed a shift in your personality since you’ve started dating. You’re a softer, sweeter, more patient person now that you’ve found your soulmate. They bring out the best sides of you. They make you want to be a better person.
2. You balance each other out. When your temper gets the best of you, they calm you down. When you allow someone to walk over you, they push you to be assertive. When you wallow in your misery, they find a way to cheer you up for at least a little while. Your personalities mesh in a way that benefits the both of you.
3. You are each other’s biggest supporters. Whenever you feel like you’re losing faith in yourself, your person comes along to act as your motivational coach. They give you pep talks. They encourage you to pursue your dreams. They remind you how much you’ve accomplished so far and how much more you’re set to accomplish in the future.
4. You’re taking the necessary steps to build a successful future together. You’re saving money for a wedding, a child, a home. Even more importantly, you’re taking good care of your mental and physical health to make sure you live long, long lives together.
5. You work well as a team. You know each other’s strengths and weaknesses. You know how to communicate. You’ve know how to work together in a productive way that highlights both of your talents. That’s the reason why everything gets done much quicker when you join forces and work as a team.
6. You are present in your lives. Your relationship with yourself is healthier than ever. So are your relationships with friends, family, and coworkers. Even though your relationship is a priority, you still make a point to socialize, to practice self-care, and to put effort into your work. You are a well-rounded person and so is your partner.
7. You assist each other in problem areas. When your person struggles to answer a question, you jump into the conversation to save them. When your person forgets an important date, you text them a reminder. When your person isn’t skilled in a specific area, you help them out as often as you can.
8. You can conquer any issue together. There are times when you’re not sure how you’re going to get through the stress of the work week — but your person is your rock. You can lean on them. You can count on them. Whenever you have too much on your plate at once, you know your person is going to lighten your load. They’re going to help with the dishes and the laundry and the lawn mowing. They’re going to make sure you have enough time to focus on the important things.
9. You’re happier than you’ve ever been before. There’s not a question in your mind about whether you belong with each other. You know what a great team you make. You know you’re so much happier, and so much better, when you’re together.