1. You want everything to go perfectly. You put too much pressure on yourself. If you say one thing wrong while talking to your crush, then you will assume he thinks you’re an idiot. You consider little things to be the end of the world.
2. You are highly focused on your career. When you want something, you spend as much time and energy on it as possible. Unfortunately, there are only so many hours in the day. When you are working your hardest to excel in your career, it’s hard to find spare time to date.
3. You overthink the little things. Before going on a first date, you will spend hours in the closet picking out an outfit. You will ask your friends for advice before sending texts. You will drive yourself so crazy trying to come up with the right thing to say and wear that you won’t have any time to get excited about your date.
4. You plan everything out ahead of time. You hope your person will be appreciative of the reservations you made and the schedule you created for the weekend, but sometimes they will want you to go with the flow instead. They will want you to act a little more laid back. They will want to live spontaneously, without a set plan (which scares the hell out of you).
5. You keep waiting for the ‘perfect’ moment. Perfectionists are procrastinators. That is why, when you have feelings for someone, you will wait until the timing is right to make a move. Unfortunately, if you keep waiting, that means there is a chance someone else will snatch them away. The more you hesitate, the higher the chances are they will be taken by the time you get to them.
6. You get annoyed easily. If someone cancels plans with you at the last second or ends up showing up fifteen minutes later than they promised, you are not going to be happy. You have high standards for yourself and for those around you.
7. You will ruin the moment by trying to make it perfect. You are not going to upload the first selfie you take to Instagram. You are going to make your person pose a million times until you get it just right. By the time you are finished, their genuine smile from the first picture will be forced.
8. You are never satisfied. No matter what you do, it will never feel like enough. You will buy your person presents. You will shower them with compliments. You will do everything possible for them — and you will still feel like you are not worthy of their love.
9. You are a people pleaser. You can easily get stuck in a one-sided relationship because you pride yourself on making other people happy.
10. You are looking for someone worthy of your time. You are busy. You have a million things to get done in a day. You don’t want to waste your time with the wrong person. You are holding out for someone who deserves you. Someone who makes the stress of dating worthwhile.