1. Crying does not make you weak. It takes strength to listen to your emotions and allow yourself to release them — especially in front of others.
2. Everyone has rough days. Days where they remain in bed even though they should really get shit done. Days where they surrender to their insecurities because they have been strong for a little too long and need time to recharge and recover.
3. Loving yourself is the hardest thing you will ever have to do and you will have setbacks. You will delete photographs of yourself having a good time because you didn’t like the way shadows fell across your face. You will debate whether you should cancel plans because you look like a self-proclaimed mess that day. But despite those moments of self-consciousness, you will keep moving forward. You will keep fighting to love yourself and appreciate yourself.
4. Some people are not worth the energy. They will greedily grab whatever you give them but will not stick around to help you out when you need them the most. Walking away from those people does not make you a quitter. It makes you intelligent enough to see your worth.
5. A woman does not need a relationship in order to feel like her world holds meaning. Love is not everything and the single life is not something to be ashamed of.
6. The loudest person in the room is not always the strongest. Sometimes the strongest person is the one who chooses not to argue, who decides that a confrontation is not worth having because some people will never see reason.
7. Other women are beautiful. They are intelligent. They are worthy of love and deserving of compliments. They are not competition. They are a support system.
8. You do not always have to be on the go. You are allowed to rest. You are allowed to stop being productive for a little while and just be human.
9. You have no idea how strong someone is just by looking at them because you have no idea what they have been through or what they are dealing with on the inside.
10. Your work is never finished. There is always something more to do, something different to see. You are allowed to take a break, but that doesn’t mean you are done.
11. Even when you have doubts about yourself, even when you are unsure of whether you can do it, you never stop chasing after your dreams.
12. Leaving your comfort zone is not always easy, but it is sometimes necessary for your self-growth.
13. You love like you have never been hurt before. And that is extremely difficult for a person to do.
14. Not everyone is deserving of your time or your attention. Some people are going to see your strong heart and use it against you.
15. A man should never be the only source of a woman’s happiness. She should create her own happiness.
16. You can have it all. You can have thriving friendships and a successful career and a loving relationship. You just have to work your ass off to get there.