1. You actually feel appreciated. You won’t question whether your boyfriend has strong feelings for you, whether he is happy with you, whether he cares about you as much as you care about him. You will feel confident he is crazy about you.
2. You get a chance to relax for a change. He will plan dates. He will pick restaurants. He will send the first text (and double texts). He will do half of the work so you aren’t tiring yourself out doing a job meant for two people.
3. Your paranoia fades away. When he takes a little too long to answer your texts, you won’t wonder whether he is actively ignoring you. You know he is busy and will answer you as soon as possible. You know he has a good reason for taking so long.
4. You learn to love yourself. After years of hearing about how beautiful you are and how much you are loved, you will start to believe it (at least a little bit). Your insecurities will slowly fade away until you can accept compliments without shaking your head in disagreement.
5. Your trust issues aren’t as severe. When your boyfriend makes a promise, you know he will follow through. When he goes away for a weekend, you know he will stay loyal. He is a good guy, so you don’t have to worry about him half as much as you worried about your exes.
6. You stop considering your other options. You delete all your dating apps. You don’t even notice when the cute cashier flirts with you at the grocery store. You have already found someone who treats you the way you deserve to be treated, someone who you love immensely, so there’s no reason to look elsewhere.
7. You never feel annoying. You never hesitate to come to your boyfriend with problems, because he’s not going to accuse you of being overly emotional or get angry with you for expressing your feelings. He actually wants you to be honest with him. He wants to know what has been on your mind.
8. You realize how much the little things matter. The way he texts you to make sure you got home safe. The way he rubs your shoulders after you’ve had a long day. The way he places the blanket over you when you fall asleep on the couch. Those small things show how much he cares.
9. You feel like part of the family. He invites you out with his friends. He introduces you to his parents. He makes you feel important. Like you are someone he is planning on keeping around permanently.
10. You feel less pressure. You don’t have to work your butt off to impress him. You know he will still call you pretty, even without make-up. You know he will still want to see you, even if all you want to do is lounge around on the couch. You know he will still love you, even when you are in the worst mood.
11. You never question his intentions. If he surprises you with flowers, you don’t assume that he cheated and is trying to ease his guilt or that he is trying to butter you up and get in your pants. You know he is only treating you well because he feels like it. Because that’s the kind of guy he is. One of the good ones.
12. You feel like you’re in the right place. The love isn’t one-sided. You aren’t getting taken advantage of or walked over. You act as equals. As teammates. As best friends. And that’s the way a relationship is meant to be.