1. He hides his phone from you. He never leaves it alone in the room with you, unless he has it set to airplane mode. He never even shows you pictures or videos on his own phone, because he’s worried about the texts that might come through while you’re looking at the screen.
2. He erases any signs of you from his social media. Takes down your couple’s profile picture. Sets his relationship status to private. He’s making it look like he’s single again so it’s easier for him to cheat.
3. All of a sudden, his sex drive is totally different. Maybe he’s no longer interested in sleeping with you, because he’s getting attention from another woman. Or maybe he wants to sleep with you more, because his mistress is giving him a confidence boost that’s putting him in the mood.
4. He keeps accusing you of cheating. Of texting your ex. Of flirting with other men behind his back — even though you’ve never done anything like that. He’s projecting his guilt onto you, assuming that you’re being just as disloyal as he is.
5. Out of nowhere, he starts making some drastic changes to his appearance. He cut his hair, started wearing a different style of clothing, and bought a sexy new cologne for seemingly no reason.
6. He never dresses up in his fancy new attire when you go out on dates to impress you. He does it before he goes out with his ‘drinking buddies’ or when he leaves for ‘work.’ He looks his best for other people, not for you.
7. Speaking of work, he’s been spending a lot more time at the office. Always working overtime. Always working strange hours that he’s never worked before.
8. He suddenly starts bailing on you to hang out with old friends that you’ve never heard of before. Friends that may or may not exist.
9. Even though he’s never been much of a romantic before, he suddenly surprises you with a dozen red roses or a sparkly new ring. He showers you with gifts but he won’t be able to explain why he’s doing it.
10. He gets mad the second that you question him — even if your questions are simple and justified, like Where are you going tonight? What time did you get off of work? What did you eat for dinner?
11. Whenever you’re nice to him, he says that he’s not good enough for you, that you deserve more. He’s acting guilty and you don’t know why.
12. There’s a new girl that he keeps talking about. Keeps texting. Keeps comparing you to. It’s like he’s obsessed with her, like he looks at her the way he used to look at you.
13. He deletes you from his social media or blocks you from viewing his page. He doesn’t want you to see all of the other women that he’s been talking to behind your back, and deleting you takes care of that problem.
14. There are charges on your credit card that make no sense — for flowers you never received and Uber rides to strange locations.
15. He picks fights over every little thing. Whatever you do is wrong. There’s always a problem. Always. And it never used to be like that.
16. You keep finding weird things around his apartment. Lipstick that he claims a friend left behind. A bra that he swears got mixed in from his mother’s laundry. And there are marks that look like hickeys on his neck.
17. You have a gut feeling that something is seriously wrong. That he’s been acting off because he has been hiding a huge secret from you.