1. Save the inspirational quotes you see. Words can heal. Words can encourage. Words can motivate. So, whenever you see a quote you like, jot it down in your phone and look at it whenever you have a rough day.
2. Surround yourself with positive people. If all of your friends are unemployed and mooching off their parents, it sets the bar pretty low. Find new friends, friends that will push you toward success.
3. Act like you’re happy when you’re working. When you’re in the office, you shouldn’t complain. Your boss isn’t going to give a promotion to the grumpy girl that’s always whining about how hard her life is. Suck it up and smile.
4. Get dressed every morning. Even if it’s a weekend or you work from home, get dressed as soon as you wake up. It’s harder to be productive when you’re wearing pajamas.
5. Save up your money. You won’t get your dream job unless you work a few shit jobs first. While you’re working those shit jobs, it helps to have some money saved up to help you pay the rent.
6. Take advantage of social media. Nowadays, it’s important to have a social media presence. Start gaining followers so you can promote your work. Just don’t post anything sketchy that could get you fired.
7. Stop procrastinating. Do you want to live your dream life in five years or in ten? The more you put things off, the longer it’ll be until you reach success.
8. Set goals for yourself. If you don’t know where you’re going, how are you going to get there? You need to figure out what you want out of life and then work towards acquiring it all.
9. Organize your email. Don’t wait a week to answer the email you were sent last night. And, if you’re still using the same account you had in middle school, create a new account with a professional sounding name.
10. Socialize more. You never know who’s working in the same field as you are. Be nice to everyone you meet, because they might be able to help you advance your career.
11. Put your career before your love life. It takes years to reach your dreams, but it only takes a second to form a love connection. That’s why your work should come first.
12. Read up on your career choice. Find someone you admire in your field and then read their autobiography to see how they reached success. Or, if you’re lucky enough to know them personally, ask if you can shadow them for a day.
13. Learn how to deal with failure. You’re not going to become an overnight success. It takes time to reach your goals, so don’t let your little failures slow you down. Let them motivate you to try harder next time.
14. Actually put in effort. A job offer isn’t going to fall into your lap. You need to send out applications and build your resume. Otherwise, you’re never going to get anywhere.
15. Wake up early. Go to bed at a reasonable time so you can get your eight hours of sleep, wake up with the sun, and then start working on your to-do list. The more hours in your day, the more productive you’ll be.
16. Put your past in the past. It doesn’t matter if you grew up poor or got horrible grades. You can still end up successful. With enough hard work, anyone can be.
17. Give yourself time to relax and recharge. If you never give yourself a break, then you’re going to end up low on energy and will do a half-ass job.
18. Find a way to de-stress. You can’t carry around your worries with you. Get a massage, go for a walk, or binge watch Netflix. Find a way to kick all that stress out of your body.
19. Work for free. Getting paid with exposure instead of money doesn’t sound like any fun, but it could kickstart your career. So if you want to follow your dreams, you’re probably going to need a day job to pay the rent.
20. Don’t focus on the end goal. Stop thinking about all of the money you’re going to make once you hit it big. Focus on enjoying the work you’re doing right now. Live in the moment.
21. Never give up. If you’re passionate about something, you can’t stop when the going gets tough. Keep at it. Don’t let anyone stop you from achieving your dreams.