1. Treating sex like it’s a chore. Don’t pencil sex into your schedule. Spontaneously decide to do it. If you treat it like something you have to do, then it won’t be something you ever want to do.
2. Only having sex at night. If you’re horny in the morning, do it as soon as you wake up. Or have some afternoon delight. You don’t have to wait until the sun goes down to strip everything off.
3. Worrying about what your body looks, smells, and tastes like. You can’t enjoy the moment when you’re stressing over shit that doesn’t matter. Your partner loves your body. Never doubt that fact.
4. Rushing through foreplay. Foreplay is meant to be long. It should last at least twenty minutes–not two.
5. Only having sex in the bedroom. Even if you’re afraid to get adventurous and have sex outside of the house, you can still do it on the couch, on the kitchen counters, or in the shower. Expand your horizons.
6. Leaving the television on. You don’t need any distractions. You should be fully focused on the activity at hand.
7. Always using the same positions. Missionary gets boring after the first hundred times. Switch things up by trying cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, doggy, and anything else you can come up with.
8. Stopping after one of you orgasms. You should both be reaching your peaks. If your partner is the only one climaxing, you’re getting royally screwed.
9. Staying completely silent. You don’t have to talk dirty, but you should at least moan. Let out the sounds you’ve been holding back.
10. Refusing to use any toys. Dildos aren’t the devil’s work. They’re divine.
11. Thinking vaginal penetration is the only type of sex. Never forget about oral. Or anal.
12. Pressuring your partner to do something they’re uncomfortable with. This is just an asshole move. It’ll make your partner uneasy and then they’ll never want to fuck you again.
13. Getting drunk before having sex. Liquid courage is a real thing, but all that alcohol will dry out your body, making it harder for you to perform. You don’t want that, do you?
14. Religiously going to bed in your fuzzy socks and pajamas. You don’t have to wear a lacy nightgown every night, but you should slip into it on special occasions.
15. Letting your pet sleep in the bed with you. I know you adore your puppy, but if he thinks he can climb in bed with you whenever he wants, sex is going to end up being awkward.
16. Only having sex in the dark. Your partner loves your body and they want to see that body. Don’t take the pleasure away from them.
17. Watching too much porn. It’ll desensitize you.
18. Forgetting to keep yourself clean. Make sure you brush your teeth, shampoo your hair, and wash your genitals. You don’t want your partner to get a whiff of something gross.
19. Making it clear you just want to get the sex over with. If you’re not enjoying yourself, your partner isn’t going to enjoy themselves. Sex is a two-way street.