1. “I love you.” He says those three little words all the time, but you know him so well that you can even tell when he’s thinking it. It’s when he smiles a little softer and squeezes your hand a little tighter.
2. “I’m sorry.” When a family member dies or you get into a fight with your best friend, he feels helpless. He knows there’s nothing he can say or do to fix the situation, which is why he just holds you in his arms and lets you cry–and you know what that means. That he’s so very sorry.
3. “I’m horny.” Maybe it’s the way he kisses you. Maybe it’s the way he looks you up and down when you walk into the room. Either way, it’s obvious when he’s in the mood. It’s written all over his face.
4. “I really don’t want to.” When you ask him to do you a favor and he gives you a maaaaybe or an unsure yes, you know that he doesn’t actually want to help out. But he’s still willing to help out, because he honestly cares about you.
5. “You’re adorable.” Maybe he’ll tilt his head. Maybe he’ll let out a little laugh. Either way, you can tell by the look on his face that he thinks you’re downright adorable.
6. “I’m pissed.” He doesn’t have to say it. You can tell by the way he clenches his fists and keeps his mouth sealed. He’s not the same fun-loving, talkative guy he usually is, and you know it’s because he’s royally pissed.
7. “I’m tired.” He’s a little quieter than usual. He’s a little grumpier than usual. Which isn’t actually bad news, because it means you get extra cuddle time.
8. “Don’t you dare.” He can tell when you’re about to do something annoying, like tease him or tickle him, and that’s when he shoots you a warning look. Of course, you rarely listen to it.
9. “I don’t want to leave you.” You can tell he’s thinking this when you’re ready to hop in your car and he hugs you for longer than necessary. He wishes you could stay with him all day long.
10. “I’m jealous.” If there’s another guy in the room, you can tell if your boyfriend likes him or wants him to stay far, far away from you. It’s either one or the other.
11. “I’m proud of you.” When you accomplish something, he always gets a certain look in his eyes. A look that says he’s proud to be your boyfriend. That he can’t believe he landed a girl as successful as you.
12. “I won’t let anything bad happen to you.” If a creepy guy stares you down at the mall, your boyfriend will make eye contact with the stranger. It’s his warning to back the F off. He’ll protect you from anyone and anything.
13. “I don’t care.” He’s a good boyfriend, so he tries to listen to all of your stories. But when you get sidetracked and start talking about a friend of a friend’s new makeup bag, you can tell he wishes you would stop talking. He just doesn’t care.
14. “You’re annoying me.” He might not want to tell you you’re being a pest, but you know it’s what he’s thinking. You know if you don’t calm down in the next few minutes, he’s going to flip.
15. “I’m drunk.” You know exactly how many beers it takes him to get wasted. Even if you lose count, you can tell if he’s blackout drunk by the way he walks, by the way he talks.
16. “I missed you.” When you see each other after a week (or even a day) of being apart, and he won’t let you out of his arms, it’s clear that he’s been missing you. He hates being away from you.
17. “I’m really happy.” This is the expression you see the most often, because he’s pretty much always happy when you’re around. And you’re happy, too.