1. They’re actually proud to fail, because that failure means they tried. And it’s better to try than to sit on your butt and idly wish that your dreams would come true.
2. They don’t sit up all night, replaying their failures in their heads. After they fail, they think about it for a short period of time, learn from it, and then move on. They don’t dwell on a past they can’t change. They’re too busy trying to change their future.
3. They don’t compare their life to other people their own age, because they realize that everyone moves at their own pace. Besides, looks can be deceiving. That girl that looks like she has her life together on Facebook could be hiding how miserable she really is.
4. They actually ask for criticism. They realize that, even though words may hurt in the moment, they help in the long run. And the more they know about what they’ve been doing wrong, the easier it’ll be for them to fix the problem.
5. They never give up on their goals. Why? Because they realize that every time they fail, they come a step closer to success. Nobody gets it right on the first try, anyway.
6. They understand that perfection is a myth. So when they make a mistake, they don’t beat themselves up about it. They know that everyone has flaws.
7. When they screw up, they don’t erase the embarrassing memory from their mind. They cherish that memory, because it’s a reminder of what not to do in the future.
8. They have an allotted time for venting. They’ll take a few hours to complain about how life is so unfair and to weep into their pillowcase, but by the next day, they’ll be ready for action again. They won’t let their doubts get in the way of their dreams.
9. They truly believe that they can have it all. A career. A marriage. A house. Nothing is holding them back from creating the life that they’ve always wanted.
10. They’re not embarrassed to talk about their mistakes. They have faults and they aren’t going to hide them. They’re honest about who they are and what they’ve been through.
11. When they mess up, they actually take the time to logically think about how it all went wrong. That way, they can make sure things go smoothly the next time.
12. They let their haters inspire them. When someone tells them they can’t do something, they set out to prove that person wrong. After all, what do they know?
13. They don’t let their fear of failure hold them back. They reach for the stars, even if they secretly don’t think they stand a chance of grasping them.
14. They use failure as motivation. When they bomb a test, they don’t give up and accept a D in the class. They study harder the next time. To them, everything is a learning experience.
15. They’re optimistic. Even though they won’t forget the past, they won’t let the past be an indicator of the future, either. They know that tomorrow is bound to be better than yesterday, because they’ve grown since then.