1. Your faces kept inching closer and your voices kept getting softer, but before your lips made contact, you both laughed it off and turned your heads away.
2. You were in the middle of an intense conversation where you could feel the chemistry between the two of you, but then you were interrupted by a cell phone or your cock block of a BFF and the moment was forever ruined.
3. He kept glancing down to look at your lips and then flicking his eyes back up to meet yours, but he never followed through and made a move.
4. You were watching a movie with him where a couple shares a passionate kiss, and you both looked at each other out of the corner of your eyes, but neither of you budged.
5. You were saying goodbye to him, but neither of you could figure out if you should go for a handshake, a hug, or a kiss, so you just awkwardly patted each other on the back.
6. He dropped you off at your house after an amazing date, and you were waiting for him to lean across the car to kiss you, but he just smiled and said he’d see you later.
7. You were in the middle of a heated argument, and could imagine him cutting you off mid-conversation to kiss you like the couples in romantic comedies, but he ended up storming away instead.
8. You were sitting side-by-side with him for hours during your very first date, and he had plenty of opportunities to kiss you, but he never took the risk and neither did you.
9. You actually had some super flirty conversations about kissing over text, but as soon as you saw him in person, you both chickened out and didn’t even come close to kissing.
10. You were willing him to kiss you, but whenever you tried to hold his gaze, he would get too nervous and glance away before you could make your intentions clear.
11. You were biting down on your lips and he was staring at your lips and it was obvious that you both wanted a kiss, but he made an excuse about how he had to leave before anything could happen.
12. It was clear you were both interested, so he grabbed your hand and played with your hair massaged your back–he did everything except give you a kiss.
13. When you showed him a picture on your phone, he sat extra close to you, but once you made eye contact and realized how close you actually were, you both scooted away.
14. You got completely wasted and tried to initiate a kiss yourself, but he pushed you away in time, because he didn’t want to take advantage of you.
15. He hugged you, and you kind-of-sort-of let go of each another, so there was a split second when you weren’t sure if you should lean in for a kiss or pull away completely.
16. He leaned in to give you a kiss on the cheek to say hello, but you weren’t exactly sure what he was going for, so you almost aimed for his lips.
17. You tried to initiate the kiss yourself, but chickened out at the last second and acted like you were leaning in to grab something or to pull a piece of fluff off of his shirt.
18. You came close to kissing, and then made a joke about how weird it would be if you two kissed, even though you’re both secretly dying to get that kiss.