1. Open your chest, stand up straight, walk with authority. No slouching!
2. Don’t fidget!
3. Take a deep breath, and slow down. The faster your speech and higher your voice, the more nervous you seem.
4. Stop second-guessing yourself. Get out of your head, man!
5. Repeat after me: I am worth your time.
6. Deep breathing exercises to calm your mind.
7. Walk around for a little bit — it helps clear your mind.
8. Talk to someone you trust. They can guide you and relieve that stress!
9. Place a warm heat wrap around your neck. (I fill up an old sock — clean, of course — with rice and tie off the end. I heat it in the microwave for about a minute and place it on my neck. It’s very soothing. Add lavender for extra effect.)
10. Sit down and zone out for five minutes. Think about the beach. Think about your loved one!
11. Smile more. If you smile, people will smile around you. It’s contagious.
12. Don’t go hungry. I don’t know about you, but I get irritated very quickly when I get hungry!
13. Don’t deprive yourself of sleep. Similar to going hungry, I’m quick to anger when I haven’t had a good night’s sleep!
14. Laugh. I’ve taught laughter yoga and the absurdity of forcing yourself to laugh transforms into genuine laughter and a release of endorphins.
15. Hug someone or your pet. People love hugs and so do dogs.
16. Exercise. There’s nothing quite like a runner’s high.
17. In your world, junk food doesn’t exist. Don’t eat empty calories!
18. Split meals when you go out for food.
19. Replace soda with something like seltzer or zero-calorie drinks. And move towards water.
20. Drink more green tea.
21. Drink iced water.
22. Eat fruits (but in moderation).
23. Add more vegetables to your plate.
24. Keep a schedule.
25. Aim for 0 emails in your inbox at the end of the day.
26. Keep a notepad by your bed — sometimes, great ideas pop into your head when you’re about to go to sleep!
27. Keep a pen on yourself at all times. You never know when you need a pen.