1. We have no attention span.
2. We cannot read full paragraphs.
3. But rather only one line sentences which really doesn’t give enough time or spa-
4. ce to get in depth about any subject matter.
5. We are so self-obsessed that we love reading lists about ourselves.
6. It makes us feel as if we belong. Makes us feel understood.
7. 20 things every Jewish girl who went to summer camp will know instead of 20 things that girls in Africa don’t know.
8. More numbered lists appear on my Facebook wall every day than news articles about our current events.
9. There are so many amazing things happening in this world.
10. So in this new year, I encourage you to look beyond yourself. Read articles that interest you and excite you. Read articles that educate you and ground you. Read articles that move you and inspire you.