1. Take the chance to experiment the fun things about life now.
I know you’re waiting to get older so you can finally do the things that the law or your parents forbid you to do but trust me, Med School and bills won’t let you have that much fun time. Later on you’ll realize that time passes by quickly and before you know it you’d be writing about 10 things you’d say to yourself at your age.
2. Use your reason more than your feelings.
“Reason” is practically a non-existing word in your dictionary right now but, believe me, it will save you a lot of heartaches in your future.
3. There are bad people that are going to expect you to fall, learn how to distinguish them.
Stop being so naïve and realize that Ursula, Maleficent and The Queen of Hearts can exist in real life…only with normal clothes or scrubs.
4. Don’t trust in anyone other than your family.
You’ll learn in time that people grow apart and the only ones who will always have your back are your family; family can’t be exes but friends, colleagues, boyfriends and husbands can.
5. It’s good to be different but society is going to point you out for that; try to keep your differences to yourself.
We both know you’re a pro-abortion, LGBT and “I have kids if I want to” advocate, but understand that not everyone knows how to tolerate, so instead of having long discussions to prove your point, show people how to tolerate and respect one another.
6. Don’t get all “lovey dovey.”
Especially when you get to know your teen crush Fern, you’re going to have a bad time. Remember number 2 and 4.
7. Use your intelligence not only for school, but also to solve problems in your life.
Graduating with honors in high school is not going to help when you’re asked to do a clinic history on a 90 year old patient who barely speaks and her daughter is on a coffee break, 3 floors below.
8. Don’t be so selfish; think about the people who surround you.
This is why you almost ruined the best relationship you’re ever going to have with your future fiancé.
9. Some people become mistakes, but mistakes are good.
Because you can learn from them and make sure they don’t happen again…at least not more than twice.
10. Always keep your self esteem high and know who you are and what you’re capable of.
There will be people wanting to destroy your image before everyone else. Mistakes are made by humans but you learn from them and you walk out of them with your head high and self-respect.
Bonus advice: Don’t ever go out with José, he’s going to be a total douche.