1. They accept your past. Dealing with someone with a past is never easy. Everyone is going to come with baggage, but in order to make a relationship work you must accept the mistakes and move forward. A relationship cannot bloom without acceptance.
2. They laugh at your jokes (even when they’re not funny). It is always a good feeling to make someone laugh. Laughter is vital to a relationship!
3. They never leave your mind. No matter what’s at task, your person is always in the back of your mind. They are the first person you think about when you wake up and the last person you think about when you go to sleep at night.
4. You overlook the imperfections. When you fall in love with someone, everything about them becomes beautiful. You begin to see the beauty in their faults and everything about them is unique, rather than an imperfection.
5. They make you a better person. If they aren’t pushing you to be the best version of yourself, then they aren’t the one, and vice versa.
6. You make sacrifices for each other. You say no to a party. You wake up at 6 am to surprise them with breakfast. The little acts of selflessness can go a long way and will definitely reflect on the relationship.
7. They feel like home. There is nothing more comforting than being in the arms of your significant other. If you don’t miss them the moment they walk out the door, then they are not the one for you.
8. They are your absolute best friend. You can go to them for anything and everything. When you need advice they are the person you go to. They know all of your secrets. They’ve seen you smile. They’ve seen you cry. And they’ve seen you be a complete mad man. That’s what best friends are for right?
9. Their family is your family. You don’t create a relationship with one person, but with their entire family.
10. You see a future and you know you’re not wasting your time with this person.