The Thought & Expression Co. is an independent media company based in Williamsburg, NYC. We most famously publish Thought Catalog, one of the largest millennial culture sites in the world, with over 30 million monthly readers.
We also publish:
- Shop Catalog, an editorial-driven shopping boutique.
- Thought Catalog Books, one of the largest indie eBook publishers on Amazon.
- Quote Catalog, for socially-driven short-form expression.
As developer at Thought & Expression Co, your work has the rare opportunity to be both immediately relevant by reaching millions of users, and permanently significant to readers of our print publications.
This is a full-time position as part of our development team. The team is based out of our Brooklyn office, however candidates within the United States who wish to work remotely are also welcome to apply.
- Complete version one of an application currently in development related to Thought Catalog Books.
- Assist in planning and developing an application related to metrics across all our web properties.
- Create automated procedures to replace monotonous tasks.
- Oversee integration with syndication services and publishing platforms to ensure our content maintains its uniform quality as it travels across the internet.
- Participate in quality assurance for all our web properties.
- Write code documentation, feature announcements or the occasional blog post.
- Experience with creation and use of RESTful APIs. Including a basic understanding of URL routing, JSON formatting, authorization methods, and error messaging.
- Experience with version control, package management and related tools of the trade.
- Excellent grasp of object modeling as it applies to API and database interactions.
- Ability to estimate the time and schedule requirements of your work.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; after all we are a publishing company.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
In your cover letter please include a link to samples of your work on Github, Dribble, or your personal website.