1. Don’t blame anyone for your misfortunes. Good people bring you happiness, bad people bring you experience. Think of your life as a resume and your relationships as jobs.
2. Start taking care of yourself. Join gym, ask your friends if they want to be your workout buddy. Push yourself. Eat healthy. Sleep. Your goal is to look and feel like you are 25.
3. Make playlists. For a morning shower. For getting out of your bed. For washing dishes. For cleaning the house and so on. Don’t just do things, because you have to do them. Enjoy your daily routine. Music will put you in the right mood.
4. Sometimes you need to fill the gaps and relax. Whether its watching the new episode of The Walking Dead, or just browsing through Netflix, take time and relax. Make your experience as comfortable as possible. Just don’t eat a lot of popcorn.
5. Social media will turn you into a psycho. Don’t let it. If you can’t live without Facebook then edit your news feed. You don’t need to see endless pictures of babies and status updates about someone else’s girlfriend or boyfriend problems. Figure out what it is on Facebook that makes you feel depressed, then get rid of it.
6. Surround yourself with people that bring positive emotions in your life. Friends and family that support you and accept you for who you are.
7. Dress to impress. Impress yourself. Start wearing dress shirts, for no occasion, just because its a new you. Experiment with colors that bring out the best in you. People will notice it. You will notice it.
8. Make lists. Set goals. Start a new passion. Learn how to cook if you don’t already know. Remember you’re trying to be the best you can be, don’t stop, even if those pancakes didn’t turn out right.
9. Meditate. Turn off your cellphone. Close your eyes and don’t think about anything. Its you and only you, everything else can wait.
10. Start collecting wine. Start small. Experiment with different varieties and flavors. Get one bottle every month. You will thank yourself next time you have a lady over for a dinner… well, because you’re not lonely anymore.