Stop everything! Third Eye Blind and Dashboard Confessional just announced that they will be touring together this summer. All around the world, people are spontaneously combusting with nostalgia and excitement. In honor of this glorious merge, let’s raise our glass to Third Eye Blind, the band that initially stole our hearts with those catchy “do do do”s. And even when we weren’t sure what the actual words were we continued to sing along. Here are 13 of their catchy lyrics that will make you want to drive with the windows down while belting ‘em out:
1. When you’re feeling all the feelings at once and you just need a good cry:
And this is our last time we’ll be friends again
I’ll get over you, you’ll wonder who I am
And there’s this burning, just like there’s always been
I’ve never been so alone, alone
And I’ve, I’ve never been so alive.
-Motorcycle Drive By
2. If you’re sick of playing the game:
…I’m in tune or did I speak to soon?
Punch drunk on somebody’s joke
What happened to the time?
3. When you wise up and see your actions for what they really are:
Time passes and it tells us what we’re left with:
We become the things we do.
4. When you’re feeling dishonest:
I read dead Russian authors, volumes at a time
I write everything down except what’s on my mind.
5. For the self-aware moments when you’re wondering where “you” went:
L.A. parties and the vodka fizz
This is not my life, or maybe it is
And I keep on forgetting myself
6. When you decide it’s time to get your act together:
Every moment of your life
Is a chance to get it right
Any moment you’ve been living in
You could turn it on like a light
-Monotov’s Private Opera
7. For the instant you realize it’s not meant to be:
There’s a memory of a window, looking through I see you
Searching for something I could never give you
There’s someone who understands you more than I do
A sadness I can’t erase
-God Of Wine
8. When your seasonal affective disorder is too much to bear:
After Halloween, can we stay together?
Like I’m losing everyone, and I come undone
But nothing lasts forever, last summer is done
Can we find another one? Find another one
9. When you want to shout along with your friends:
I still remember the stupid things, the mood rings, the bracelets and the beads
Nickels and dimes, yours and mine, did you cash in all your dreams?
-Never Let You Go
10. For those toxic relationships:
It takes a fight to move you
I know just what’s on your mind
It’s been this way a thousand years
We torture each other
11. When you’re full of butterflies:
Lightning comes and lightning goes
And it’s all the same to me
Let it in cause I want you so
I can hardly breathe and release
12. When you can’t go with the flow and you’re thinking too much again:
Yes it’s all disappearing
And we should all just go along
And it would all be so easy
If we could just say ‘Let it be’
But that’s not me.
13. When you just need to immerse yourself in high school nostalgia:
And I wish I could get back there
Someplace back there
Smiling in the pictures you would take.
-Semi Charmed Life