1. Things really do happen for a reason, and some of those things you’ll never be able to rationalize.
2. You need to tell the people you care about how much you love them, and spend quality time with them as often as possible.
3. Sometimes your closest family has nothing to do with being blood-related.
4. There are few things greater than belly-aching, jaw-hurting laughter.
5. The only person you should ever compete with is yourself.
6. You only have one body to live in – treat it well.
7. Actions always speak louder than words.
8. Little things take up the most room in your heart.
9. It’s amazing what can happen if you actually listen instead of just waiting for your turn to speak.
10. You’ll thank yourself for saving money and having some kind of financial plan.
11. You can give people the best advice in the world, but they will never understand or consider it until they’ve experienced it for themselves.
12. The one thing people lack most in life is passion.
13. Sweatpants and wine are two of the best inventions ever.
14. Don’t be a jerk. Everyone you meet is enduring some kind of struggle.
15. Life is to be enjoyed, not endured. It’s never too late to find a new hobby, passion or career.
16. Think with your heart and head in tandem, but always in that order.
17. Hangovers last longer the older you get.
18. Confidence, motivation and positivity are infectious.
19. Honesty is the best policy – people will respect you more for telling the truth.
20. The most valuable things often do not have a price tag.
21. You’ll feel much more fulfilled by taking advantage of what’s actually happening in the world around you instead of sitting around on technology/social media.
22. Character is more important than reputation – not everyone is going to like you, but who cares? They don’t have too.
23. It’s easier to forgive than to hold onto anger or hatred.
24. Taking one day at a time lessens worry and stress about things you can’t control, and makes you appreciate more of what’s happening in the moment.
25. You will find the most strength and happiness in the power of your thoughts.