1. If you want something, then you need to strive towards achieving it. Good things happen to those to who work hard. You won’t accomplish anything if you sit around doing nothing.
2. Grades don’t prove intelligence.
3. If you aren’t putting any effort into your relationship, don’t expect it to go anywhere.
4. The amount of sex you are or aren’t having is no one’s business besides for you and your partner.
5. Whoever thinks the “pull out” method actually works is a complete idiot and you shouldn’t be having sex with them to begin with.
6. Being in a relationship shouldn’t be a reason for why you lose focus in school, work or forget about your friends and family.
7. Meaningless sex can be fun but sex is much better when there are emotions attached.
8. Partying and clubbing gets old. You will soon learn to appreciate simple nights with those closest to you.
9. You will be miserable if you don’t have any passion for your occupation. Don’t just work because of how much money you will be earning.
10. Some friends will come and go. You will learn to see who your true friends are.
11. Your parents are 20+ years older than you. That means that they have a lot more experience than you. Listen to them.
12. If you have siblings and aren’t close to them, make an effort to become close to them. In the end, family is all you have. However, if they continuously criticize you, then that’s when it’s time to cut the cord and keep them out of your life.
13. Just because all your friends are in relationships doesn’t mean you’re going to be ‘forever alone.’ You will meet someone. It may take some time, but you will. In the meantime, take a deep breath and enjoy what life throws at you.
14. Music is your best friend.
15. Stop Facebook stalking your ex. Knowing what’s going on in his/her life isn’t going to change anything. In most cases, it’s just going to make you more upset.
16. Be careful what you post on the Internet. The Internet is public and things are retraceable.
17. Don’t be afraid to try new things. You will never know unless you try. And if you don’t try, you’ll regret it later.
18. Don’t keep handing out chances out to people who never change their behavior. If they haven’t changed after the first chance you gave, they probably never will.
19. Don’t ever settle for less than you deserve. You know your worth.
20. Exercise regularly. It will make you feel better and healthier.
21. Eating out every night isn’t good for you. If you aren’t a good cook, read some recipes. I guarantee you will learn and will appreciate home cooked meals.
22. Never belittle someone. You have no idea what people go through on a day-to-day basis.
23. Smile. Often.
24. It’s okay to ask for help when necessary.
25. Don’t be in relationship with someone just because you’re feeling lonely. Your relationship will never work out if you aren’t comfortable being alone first.
26. Stop leaving things for the last minute. That only worked in high school.
27. You will never be able to look forward if you keep dwelling on the past.
28. How you see yourself reflects how others see you.
29. You can’t escape your problems. They always come back to haunt you. If you do something wrong, address it head on and try to fix it.
30. Now is the time to travel and see the beauty in the world.
31. Who ever told you that looks don’t matter in a relationship is lying to you.
32. With that said, it shouldn’t be the only thing you look for in a relationship.
33. Keep a journal and write down your thoughts. You will thank me later.
34. Stop trying to live up to other people’s standards. If you have to change for someone, then they don’t deserve you and aren’t worth your time.
35. If you have something to say, don’t be afraid to say it. That also means don’t hide behind your cell phone or computer. Face to face interaction is always best.
36. Drinking every weekend is stupid and is probably the biggest reason why you’re packing on the pounds.
37. If someone doesn’t like you, it’s okay. There are millions of other people in the world who would kill to know you.
38. You shouldn’t have to pretend to be happy. It is okay to cry and to be sad sometimes.
39. Good hygiene is the most important thing in the world, that goes from taking showers regularly to visiting your dentist every six months as well as going to the doctor to get a check-up yearly.
40. Independence is key. You can’t rely on others for everything. You are your own person and you will build your strength by being independent.
41. Appreciate art, all types. It is what makes the world go round.
42. Don’t ever cheat on your significant other. If there’s anything compelling you to be with someone else other than the person you’re with, be mature and just end the relationship.
43. Be honest. When you lie, you aren’t only lying to those around you, but you are also lying to yourself.
44. Stop complaining, nobody likes a whiner.
45. Take your own advice before you hand any out.
46. Stop bragging about what you own. You look like a snob.
47. Don’t be afraid of failure. It should only motivate you to keep trying.
48. Action speaks louder than words.
49. Stop taking things for granted.
50. And most importantly, love, with all your heart.