1. He/She does not define who you are. You were a whole person before you loved them and you will be a whole person after they have left.
2. You do not need someone else to complete you. Although it may feel amazing to have someone else love you- at the end of the day, you need to love you.
3. You do not need someone else to spoil you. Who said that you need a significant other to treat you? Buy yourself your favorite sweets or your favorite flowers- and stop waiting for someone else to spoil you!
4. As much as your heart is hurting- you will heal. It feels as if you are about to shatter and you have no idea how to move on from this unbearable pain… but you will get through this. Your heart will repair itself over time and you will become stronger because of this.
5. You will find love again. There are about five million reasons for anyone to fall head over heels in love with you. As much as you may want to roll your eyes whenever you are reminded of how young you are- you do have your whole life ahead of you… love will find its way to you!
6. Self-love before romantic love. This is the time to fall in love with you. How can anyone appreciate how beautiful and wonderful you are… if you cannot acknowledge your own self-worth. Time for some one-on-one with “me, myself and I”.
7. You do not have to be in a relationship. Just because you are single again does not mean you should jump back into another relationship( that is probably the worst thing you could do). Live your life by yourself for a while and be with your friends- relationships can wait a while.