1. They’re always willing to hang out, because your company will always be greater than whatever they need to get done, no matter how close you are.
2. They’re always willing to help you out, because after all, helping a friend in need is equally as productive as that paper they’re not doing.
3. They’re very invested in your life, your thoughts, and your work – because it’s way more interesting than what they’re putting off. This makes them a great listener.
4. They’re full of cautionary tales of waiting until the last minute for…everything.
5. And they’re also full of inspirational tales of how to get lucky when it comes to pulling off great work at the last minute – including tips and tricks on all-nighters, proof reading, and editing.
6. They’re not as stressed during finals week, because lets face it, they’re only studying the exact night before their test – so their calm energy may be a comfort.
7. They won’t let you forget that there are deadlines approaching. However, some procrastinators may work themselves into a nervous frenzy of knowing the approaching deadlines, even if they still won’t start the project until the night before (day before if they’re lucky).
8. Most importantly, they make you feel like you can do anything, because hey, if they can cram for an test or write a 20 page paper in one night – what can’t you do?