1. Nothing makes me feel more Iggy Azalea-fancy than the glittering granite lobby of my corporate office. And maybe my tailored jacket.
2. And I feel a little better knowing she worked, worked, worked just as hard. One day I will be the wounded veteran of my industry that she is.
3. It just makes sense to listen to Lil Wayne rap about his pockets get too fat while imagining the money funneling into my bank account via direct deposit every two weeks. #Overtime
4. Rich Homie Quan and I are kindred spirits in that we both like having Gucci on our feet when we walk through. Everyone likes nice things.
5. All those designers Brooke Candy among other artists name drop are worn by high executives in the office. Just can’t wait to get there…
6. I think about how many guys Nicki Minaj has called out for being broke. I then imagine her calling me out for being broke. Then go in and do my job.
7. Sometimes I just need Nas to tell me he knows I Can.
8. I am reminded to have hair, nails, everything did when I occasionally forget. Keeping standards high and office appropriate.
9. You know young high powered career types care just as much about popping bottles so you’re basically just imagining your weekend when you’re singing along in your head. Everybody knows someone that has a table somewhere.
10. Climbing the corporate ladder is akin to hustling and you know it. Whether you’re moving money, clients or the other more illegal substances… it’s really just about working smart and working hard. Preach it, Jay-Z.
11. Come on, everyone has listened to one of those songs about “making it” before an interview or on their first day of work. Kevin Rudolph can really get us going with that song.
12. It’s just kind of encouraging imaging money stacked, rolled fat, and falling from the ceiling and the sky before you head in for a long day. Thank you Wiz Khalifa, Juelz Santana, and anyone else who has provided such inspiring mental images.
At the end of the day, hip hop sometimes is painted as a world apart, when it often just talks about working really hard and ultimately being successful, while subsequently obtaining everything and anything you want. We really just phrase what we do on a daily basis in a less explicit manner, but you can’t un-see the parallels now can you?