1. My first mistake was insulting it: My friend had mentioned that she had one, so I asked her to pull the board out so I could check it out. At first she said no, but then agreed to do it as long as she didn’t have to participate. After she had the board set up I asked “Is there anyone in here”….nothing. So, being a dumb teenager I said “If anything is in here and not talking, you’re a coward”. The board was put away after that.
Fast forward about a week later and have me sleeping upstairs on my couch. I wake up on a stereotypical “Stormy Night”. Thunder and lightning, wind and rain..the works. I look around to see why I woke up and couldn’t see a thing, and decide to try and fall back asleep. After laying there for about 30s I hear from downstairs “Get the boy” in a very raspy, wispy voice. I open my eyes and listen……nothing. Start to go back to sleep…”GET THE BOY”, it was MUCH louder this time. Then my downstairs door SLAMS shut. I freak the F*ck out because nobody slept down there and we had no drafts.
2. It spoke in Latin: Doing the board with six or seven people, only one of my friends knows Latin and he is not touching the oracle, the contact starts speaking to us in Latin. This same friend later pulled his hand back from the oracle having received what looked like a small scratch on his wrist, not bleeding but bright red as if fresh. His girlfriend at the time was plagued by a contact they had made and would wake with strange bruises on her legs.
3. A creepy doll: I have a terrifying story about an ouija board. I got a call from my cousin who said that he, his brother, his dad, and his best friend were using an ouija in their basement. Prior to starting they took a large porcelain doll out of the room because it was creepy and placed it in an adjacent room face down on a pile of towels.
My cousin took a short break because the board was just spouting nonsense and he went to take a shit. His dad and brother and friend started asking the board questions without him, one of the questions was who is in the other room? It just started spouting random numbers and when my cousin came back into the room his brother said that it wasn’t working that they were going to put it away and he showed him the answer to the last question he asked and he said “dude that’s my social security number!, then they started to talk to whatever started spewing answers out, it told my cousin he would die in the air force. At this point they tell the entity they are communicating with to prove itself. It then spelled out the word “DOLL” and they were like wtf.
They opened the door to check on the porcelain doll they had laid in the other room and when they opened the door the doll was standing up right in front of the door staring right at them. Everyone freaked and ran out of the house. His best friend burned the ouija board and I think he temporarily went nuts for a few months. My cousin for some reason then joined the air force and is on a base in Europe now.
4. My dad was in the spirit world: It talked about my dead father. Spot on. It was just so freaky, and talking about my dad kind of makes me uncomfortable to begin with.
5. I asked it how long I had to live: We all asked it a question that only the person asking would know the answer too. It would answer the questions. One question that somebody asked was “what was the name of the boat i went on a cruise on when i was 6?” it answered.
We played with this thing forever, we had coldspot experiences and would place a candle where the coldspot was and the candle would burn sideways not straight up and down. One night we all aksed it how long we had left to live and this is where it gets scary. Everybody asked and they had 50-60+ years left.
I go to ask and it says 10. I ask 10 years and it says days.
I pretty much shit a brick at this point. It said i was gonna be killed in a car accident by a girl named emma. We would ask it 3 days later and it would say I had 7 days left. Ask it 2 days later it said I would have 5 days left and so on.
Im freaking out at this point, carrying a bible in my pocket and wearing a big cross. I finally tell my dad and he doesn’t believe me so I made one out of a piece of paper and used a cd to show him. It worked and he flipped out and told me that I didn’t have to go to school the day I was supposed to die. I didn’t go to school and nothing happened.
6. Choked: I have no evidence, and I do not care if you don’t believe me. I’ve used a board with results, and let something into my home. And have been physically assaulted by this entity.
It started out with that feeling like you’re being watched, and doors closing, and footsteps on the hardwood when you were home alone. And progressed slowly into being kept awake by something shaking the bed, or pulling off your covers. Sometimes even whispering your name. The board would disappear for days on end, then show up in places you never would have put it. I became obsessed with it. Then it was a black mass in the corner of the room. Or the silhouette of a man watching you from the doorway. After that it escalated pretty quickly. I had my hair pulled. Fingers pricked. Scratched. Choked. Held down in bed while this thing whispered in my ear in what could have only been Latin….. We had our house blessed and the bad thing hasn’t shown back up. Just the normal occurrences now. But I will never again play with one of those boards.
7. I can see you through the window: I was about 12 or 13 spending the night at a friend’s house, goofing around with the Ouija board with him & his sister and we were getting all sorts of gibberish plus words spelled out, just kind of scaring ourselves for fun not taking it very seriously when we got the message “I can see you through the window” and then “I can see you through his eyes” or something like that…there was just a small window in the basement room where we were, and just the back yard and woods past the driveway visible through that window…we asked it more questions and it said “I’m under the car” so we somehow got up the nerve to go out with a flashlight and peer under the car, where we saw a huge black stray cat which was hissing.
We ran inside freaking out and at that exact moment the power failed and all the lights in the house went out. We just about actually shit ourselves. Few minutes later the power came back and we sat up till dawn that night scared and never played with the board again.
8. Our first mistake:My wife and I had some unexplained things going on in the house we were renting. So we got a board so we could try to figure out what we were dealing with. Bad idea. The board was just a standard plain board. We used it one night to speak with (hopefully) our spirit. What we didn’t realize is that Oujia boards open the door for anything to come through and speak. The looking piece flew off the board near the end of our session and we had no real answers to anything we were speaking with something, but it was very evasive with its answers. Things got worse in the house and we eventually broke our lease and moved…Radios and TVs going on by themselves water running, after the board though things got bad. Voices, moving objects, and my wife says I got possessed one night, but I can’t validate that as I was asleep.
9. OMG: My mum has warned me against using them due to her own experience: she used one at a friend’s house when she was young. Nothing of consequence happened during the use of the board, yet she noted that whatever ghost they were ‘chatting’ with seemed to be violent and have it in for her. She shrugged it off and left in her car.On the way home, she hit and gruesomely killed a horse which ‘appeared out of nowhere’, running at her car. In the middle of a city. In the afternoon.
10. Woodchipper accident: My great aunt has never married, and when I asked why, my dad told me the story. Apparently when she was sixteen she had a pretty serious boyfriend. When she used a board, she asked if they would get married, and it said no. She asked if they would break up… no… asked if one of them would die and it said yes, and when she asked which of them it said ‘goodbye’. A week later he was in a woodchipper accident at the mill where he worked.
11. We lost 10 hours: My friend and I were about 14 or 15. She had a Ouija board that we used quite often. (I always thought she was pushing it for the fun factor, I never took it to seriously) One night we started , and it was about 9 p.m we started getting very strange sayings,none of them i can remember 27 years later) and we got a name. although the name i have forgotten over the years, it said he was from Malaysia. He was here to protect us. (i do remember that much) The next thing we know its 7a.m! It was like we blinked and the sun was up. It was VERY freaky. we LOST 10 HOURS of our life. Neither of us remember anything about it. We were just sitting there at the table staring at each other like “WTF HAPPENED??” To bad we didn’t have a 3rd person there to tell us. She would never use it again, I did, but i never had that happen again.
12. Warning: The last experience I had with a quija board, the plachett flew across the room, smashing against the wall, of it’s own power. They ARE a doorway, and unless you know how to interigate the spirit, you have no idea what so ever who or what is communicating with you. You’ve opened a door, and called them through. oops.
13. Accurate death prediction: I was staying at a hotel with friends in northern Ontario for a chess tournament. Geeky I know. Can’t exactly remember the town. Anyway, we were looking for some thrills at night and someone busted out a board. One of those official ones you can get from toys’r’us. We asked a few questions I can’t remember but I will never forget when we asked if it knew if any of us was going to die. Yeah I know strange question to ask. Uh so it spelled out a persons name that was with us at the time. And then a date which was approximately a year later. My friend died a year later from cancer in his knee. He knew about it 6 months before he died. To this day I am still curious about the device but damned if I’ll ever touch it again.
14. Photographic Evidence:
These are the photos of what happened to me after using a homemade Ouija Board tonight. We asked a variety of questions asking the spirit if it was the one who had scratched by chest which had been done prior to using the board. It replied yes and it said that it was “here” for “me” and that it was not going to leave. I pray that it will.
15. I need: Only did it once when I was like 17. In a roomful of people and one kid said something like “this is all fake, i need pr….” before he finished the word “proof” the lights in the entire house went off. If that was a coincidence, it was the oddest one i’ve ever seen. No one else was in the house and the fuse box was buried in the back of a closet. The kid’s dad had to come home and turn it back on, said it never happened before (entire circuit tripped).
16. It knew Arabic: I always thought these things were BS. However years ago this changed when I did it once with some random people at a get together. We were talking to all sorts of different “spirits” and I wasn’t taking any of it seriously. Then I thought of a way to put this to the test. I’m Kuwaiti American and was born in Kuwait. So I know Arabic and knew of a friend of my brother that past away recently. So I asked to speak with him. Now only one person knew me at the get together and even then didn’t know that much about me. I was definitely the only one who could speak Arabic (I was in Oklahoma at the time). So I asked in Arabic how he died. The board spelled out car crash. I was a bit shocked but still didn’t buy it completely. So I asked a more detailed question. I asked in Arabic how old was he when he died. It pointed to 1 and then 3. That’s when I started really freaking out. No one would have ever known of these details let alone understood what I was asking. I asked for more details on the crash (he flew out of the sunroof) and after that I stopped. Haven’t touched a Ouija board since.
17. S-A-T-A-N: My grandma bans them from her house, because once when she was younger her and her friends messed with one. They asked who they were talking to, it spelled out satan and then her friend (who owned the board) started convulsing and from then on swore she felt a presence when she sleeps.
18. C-U-N-T About two to three years ago my friend brought her Ouija board to my house so we could play with it. The first few times it was used, I just watched while some of my other friends used it. Then I decided I would join in on it. We asked if there was a spirit present and it went to yes. We asked it it’s name, but instead of just going to the letters to spell it out, it started going to random letters, not making out any specific word. I asked for it’s name again and it spelled out “B I T C H”. I started freaking out and then it spelled “C U N T”, then went right back to random letters again. I freaked out and left the room after that. whatever it was it either was just really mean or something other than a spirit. Probably never using one again after that.
19. Strange markings My brother built a ouija board once and had some pretty weird encounters. Ill have to ask him for the details some time. Anyways he shaved down his pointer thing once and found weird markings on it that only showed up under a black light. No markings found in the wood the pointer was cut from, and markers would show up as black under the black light while this showed red. Anyone else experience this?
20. This is not a game anymore: Perfect story. 100% true. About 15 years ago, My sister had some friends over one night. They were in the basement watching some scary movie. They had an Ouija board. They started cussing at it and calling it “shit” and “fucking fake”. It stopped responding so they began watching the movie again.
All of a sudden, all the lights and electricity goes out. They start screaming. Then the tv comes on all static and is blairing noisse. They were yelling and crying. Then, the tv shuts off and comes back on to just a black screen. The words, ” This is not a game anymore” roll across the screen in all white. After, the tv shuts off and and they are in complete darkness. They run out of the house. Afterwards, they go back to the house and our dog hid and when they found it, all it did was bark and look very angry at them. Insane.
21. Figure 8s: A girl brought her authentic ouija board made out of maple straight from Salem. Ironically, she was very Catholic, but loved her board, it and was a very interesting few nights in the dorm with it. I think the second night we were playing with it, and it was going slow, not much movement, meh. I had my hand off the planchette because I still wasn’t so sure about the thing. Suddenly, it was like cold fingers grabbed into my shoulders ever so slightly, and this terrible feeling in the back of my mind just came to the surface. I looked to the board and the planchette started moving in a demonic pattern, I think figure 8s this time. I looked at the girl and said “I have a bad feeling about that” in time for her to realize what was happening. She stopped the movement and bid the spirit good bye. In that moment, the icy grip loosened and all was well.
Everyone was like “woaah” when the girl explained that the figure 8 meant that something was trying to get out of the board. (This is common lore that goes with Ouija usage.)
22. Max is always around: When I was about 14 my best friend had a sleep over birthday party. Being the silly little girls we were we decided to make a ouija board to use, not really knowing any of the rules like making it say goodbye. After an hour or so I wandered off to read some tarot cards and watch the rest of the Exorcist with the other couple of girls who didn’t want to commune with spirits. (Rereading that last sentence I sound like such a stereotype. I still use tarot cards though so I never grew out of this phase it seems.)
Here’s were it got weird. After I left the spirit talking to my friends changed. As in it switched to a different spirit altogether. His name was Max and he was looking for me. I’ve never known a Max in my life. My friends yelled out what he was saying as it moved and I was writing off as them teasing me until he started giving them information about me that no one at that party knew. Things about minor abuse I was facing and other little things.
That freaked me out right out. I begged for them to stop playing, even after Max tried to convince me that he was not trying to hurt me. My friends were awesome and stopped playing before I started crying and I thought that was the end of it.
The next time a Ouija board came out was the next year and only one girl from the original party was among the group. We were baking a cake so when the buzzer went off she and I headed up to take it out of the oven. When we got back to the group another girl turned to me and asked ‘Who’s Max?’ Apparently he’s stuck around after that first time. If my friends want to use a Ouija board they don’t invite me over unless they want to speak to Max. He’s always around.
A few times in my life I’ve heard a voice call out my name. it usually makes me stop for a minute, no more but at least twice had I not stopped I would have been in the path of a car going to fast to stop before it would have hit me. I strongly believe Max has stuck around to be helpful but had we not pulled out that Ouija board I would have never known about him.
23. June 24: My GF told me this story about an experience she had with a ouija board while in high school sometime in 1986. She had a friend named Johnny who was suffering from CF or some other debilitating illness, who had recently been hospitalized as a result. Both she and her friend Shelly visited Johnny regularly in the hopes of keeping his spirits up and for a quick recovery. One night after visiting Johnny, they were at Shelly’s when they decided to try out a ouija board. After a while, they started communicating with a spirit who seemed to know a lot about them that it really shouldn’t. After some banal questions about boys and general questions one would expect teenaged girls to ask, my GF decided to ask about Johnny and his condition. The board quickly spelled out “24 June 1987 Johnny wont have to worry anymore” and went to “goodbye”. My GF and Shelly were so convinced that board was giving them a date for recovery that they actually wrote the message down and sealed it in an envelope. The following year on 24 June, it turned out that Johnny indeed no longer needed to worry about his condition. It was the day he died.