1. Wine people know how to celebrate the little things in life. There’s nothing healthier or happier than having gratitude and knowing that even an everyday dinner with friends can be cause for a mini-indulgence in a nice bottle. Wine turns a regular meal into something to cherish, it is a way to cultivate an attitude of loving life.
2. Wine lovers know how to savor. Savoring is the act of slowing down and enjoying what is right in front of you. It is mono-tasking and enjoying a meal instead of half-eating, half-listening, and half-checking-Facebook-on-your-phone.
3. Wine is best enjoyed in the company of loved ones. Wine drinkers know how to love and be loved. They know life is best (and happiest) when it’s experienced together.
4. Wine lovers can turn a regular night into a cherished memory. People who love wine know how to make an ordinary night into an Event you’ll remember forever. They put candles on the table to take care to eat outside when the weather is nice or when they notice the sunset is especially beautiful. When they look back on their lives, people who drink wine see themselves surrounded by good things: food, wine, people and nature. It’s a very happy way to live.
5. Wine is about flavor and taste. Learning about wine means learning about and paying attention to the physical experience of taste. People who love wine love to be connected to their sensual side. They crave touch, smell, taste — and are happy when they get them. Because these are such primal instincts, they are easy to satiate.
6. People who drink wine are less stressed out. That’s the whole reason people go to happy hour after a particularly difficult week.
7. They don’t need a lot to make them happy. Wine can be an expensive hobby, but it doesn’t have to be. Most people are perfectly happy with cheap bottles. The happiness comes from the experience, not from spending money on it.