1. His intensity. He gets so worked up about his job, his family and his beliefs. He’s probably equally passionate in the bedroom…
2. His brooding grown-up catholic complex is just so dreamy. Seriously, every time he brings up questions of faith and morals his hotness becomes otherwordly.
3. I’m sure that Stabler’s reputation would be a lot better if he worked in one of the more “masculine” departments like homicide or narcotics, but he works special victims, because inside his hard, muscled exterior is a gigantic heart.
4. Is it weird to be turned on by how angry he is? It’s like, righteous anger because it’s directed at pedophiles and rapists.
5. The way he always rolls up his sleeves and you can see a peek of his Marines tat, eliciting an involuntary groan from every female viewer.
6. He’s not afraid of the chase. (Get it?)
7. He seems like a hardass, but he’s the kind of guy that would do anything for the people he loves, like buying me a surprise puppy for valentine’s day.
8. HE BEATS UP PEDOPHILES.
9. Once, he pretended to be a sex addict to catch a bad guy and I really, really wanted it to be true.
10. He respects women, He treats his partner, Olivia Benson, as an equal and over the course of 12 seasons, never disrespects her.
11. He’s not a quitter. He has fights with his wife and his partner, and times where his job is frustrating, stressful, and thankless. But he doesn’t quit, he works it out.
12. There’s no questioning how safe you’d feel in the arms of a man who is an ex-marine turned detective. Brains and braun. Big time.
13. Growing up in Queens he has a set of street smarts that would compliment my trusting suburban nature.
14. If he ever wanted to turn me on all he’d have to do is channel that deep voice and remind me that his work is “especially dangerous.”