After my last breakup, I decided to get a dog instead of going on the rebound. Best. Decision. Ever.
1. They make excellent cuddle buddies.
My dog doesn’t hog the blankets or snore; he stays by my side faithfully all night long.
2. They won’t eat all your chocolate.
Well, they might try. But since dogs shouldn’t eat chocolate, that Hershey’s bar is allllll yours, baby.
3. They’re photogenic.
While it’s entirely possible to have a mismatched significant other, a dog is always going to look good in photos with you.
4. They’re always happy to see you.
As soon as I come home from work, my dog jumps at me. I don’t have to wait for him to get off the phone or finish playing World of Warcraft.
5. They want to go wherever you go.
Forget about talking a boyfriend into watching a movie he doesn’t want to see. All I have to do is say “car ride” and my dog is at the door.
6. They always appreciate your cooking.
Even that burnt meatloaf.
7. They’ll (probably) get along with your friends. .
Unless you have a friend who hates dogs, in which case you need to reevaluate your life choices.
8. They’ll always keep you safe.
From the mailman, the pizza guy, and other shady characters.
9. They always have time for you.
They may get sidetracked by squirrels, but as soon as that critter is treed, you know it’s all about you.
10. They love you unconditionally.
Seriously. If I yell at my dog for making a mess, he wants to sit on my lap two minutes later. No fighting, no arguing, just lots of puppy kisses.