It’s 2014, almost every teenage/adult female has a G.B.F (gay best friend) — and if you don’t have one, then you need one ASAP to survive in this day and age. Yes they love to give you advice on fashion and boy related problems, and let’s face it — they ARE the perfect shoulder to cry on. But it’s starting to be a pain in their asses (not the happy ones) when you abuse their presence:
1. Just because they are gay doesn’t mean you can focus all your homosexual themed questions on them and expect an answer, they are not a gay encyclopedia.
2. They don’t always like to go shopping with you because let’s face it, having to wake up at 10am on their day off to go to Sephora exactly at opening hours for a lip gloss is just NOT okay.
3. As much as they enjoy men (and they DO) they don’t enjoy your babbling about a crush on a guy that we both know that won’t be in your life anytime soon.
4. For most of us, we like to be in control of our lives and getting our priorities completed (KUDOS!) so do not expect us to always be there to join your leisure of unproductive days. Tsk tsk.
5. The last note is sometimes they may not agree with most of the things you do and will confront you on your ridiculousness. However, on rare occasions, they won’t tell because they care so much about you and will find an indirect way to reveal it using other methods such as a song, a t-shirt or even a blog.
All in all, you have the days when you love and hate your G.B.F because he’s the sister without the vagina of complaints, and the brother without the overstated penis — and (not speaking for every G.B.F, but for most) they are okay with that, and love you too.