1. Jodie Foster speaks French.
Bradley Cooper may get all the glory because he’s hot and, well, Bradley Cooper — but Foster is actually bilingual. Her command of the language blows just about everything out of the water.
2. Kobe Bryant speaks Italian.
Was I the only one to be totally shocked by this? Granted, I don’t watch basketball, but still, how have I never heard of this
3. Gwenyth Paltrow is fluent in Spanish.
Ugh, I don’t want to be impressed by this. The last thing I want to do is give GOOP any more credit than she already gives herself. But damn, the girl didlearn Spanish. Good for her.
4. Tom Hiddleston speaks French.
It’s not perfect, no, but come the hell on. It’s TOM HIDDLESTON speaking French. (Which, by the way, is in addition to his above-average Spanish skills.) Could he be any more perfect?
5. Mila Kunis’ first language is Russian.
Apparently she immigrated to the States from the Ukraine when she was a little girl. So, even though this should come as no surprise, it’s still something we almost never hear about.
6. Charlize Theron’s first language is Afrikaans (in addition to English).
I’ll admit, I only recently found this out. And yes, it’s less impressive when you know that she’s from South Africa and thus grew up speaking it. But come on, it’s still extremely cool.
7. Camilla Belle speaks Spanish and Portugese!
8. Diane Kruger’s French is nearly flawless.
There is truly no part of me that is not jealous of the Germans’ command for languages. If you’ve ever lived in Europe, you know how multi-lingual — and effortlessly so — they often are. And Ms. Kruger is no exception.
9. Sandra Bullock learned German from her mother.
Not that I have any idea what she’s saying, but go Sandra!
10. Madds Mikkelsen speaks French.
Because Danish and English weren’t enough. Okay, Hannibal.