I am a 20-something millennial simply existing in this world. We all get moments of “I don’t feel happy” or “I don’t feel satisfied.”
I asked myself, “How can I enjoy life more?”
In honor of 2020, below are 20 ways one can simply chase life, rather than exist.
1. Do what you enjoy more often. What makes you happy? What makes a smile appear on your face? Think of it and do it. Drink a cup of tea. Go for a walk. Go for a jog. Do a face mask. Take a bath with bubbles and champagne.
2. Focus on you – ONLY YOU. Your goals. Your life ambitions. Your dreams. Your aspirations. What are they? What lights you up like a billion stars in the sky? Focus on your happiness. What drives you to be yourself? Be more of your authentic self and you will enjoy your life much more than you ever thought possible. It’s not selfish. (Ensuring your happiness in life will make you more productive.) To society, a productive global citizen emboldens the world to be the best it can be.
3. Surround yourself with your favorite people and aspects of life. You will smile more.
4. Live life on your terms. No one else’s.
5. Do not wait for others to provide happiness in your life. Go on that cruise. Book that flight. Take yourself out for lunch. Go to the movies. Be so happy within your own soul that it transforms from within your mind out to the physical realm of the Universe.
6. Be confident in your thoughts. Confident thoughts equal confident actions. Confident actions equal confident results. Believe in yourself. Have faith in yourself.
7. Do not stress. Learn from the past. Live in the present. Prepare for the future by taking small steps each day in the present to be ready for the future. time. (Also, stress causes wrinkles and no one likes wrinkles)
8. Know that an incredible life lies within reach at any given time.
9. Most important of all, remember what your purpose is. Do not do anything that pulls you away from that purpose. Stay away from negative energy. It helps to recite positive affirmations. (“I am mentally strong.” “I am successful.” “I will achieve my life ambitions.” Some of my personal favourites… “I believe in myself.” “I am focused.”)
10. It helps to do one activity that calms your mind. I personally meditate.
11. It helps to do one activity that calms your nerves. I personally go running.
12. You should focus on the present. What can you do each day that catapults you closer to your goals? (Refer to #9) Conquer life one day at a time. And then repeat that each day. By the time you look back, you will be so far ahead.
13. Wake up each day and simply close your eyes for five minutes and take deep breaths. Starting each day with positive intentions sets the foundation for an entire day of success. (Refer to #9)
14. Exercise. Do yoga. Do Pilates. Do yogalates. Stretch. Dance. Run. Swim. Whatever form of exercise you enjoy…. just keep moving. I run, swim, stretch and do yoga. Like Elle Woods exclaimed, “Exercise gives you endorphins; Endorphins make you happy, happy people just don’t shoot their husbands!”
15. Read. Stimulate your brain by reading a book that makes you smile. Allow your mind to empower you with positive images.
16. Do not settle. Set the goals so high that you elevate yourself to match the goals. Be better. Do better. Elevate yourself.
17. You are the architect of your own life. Design it with your intentions. Build it from the ground up with the foundation of an intent to thrive.
18. Put yourself first. You are number one. You are powerful. You are worthy of a happy life. Create the life that you see in your dreams. Manifest those dreams into your reality by focusing on you.
19. Enhance your human capital through experiences, education and endless self-improvement. There shall always be room for improvement. Improve yourself with courses, traveling, and connecting with new people.
20. Follow your dreams. It is cliche to think this. But chase your dreams. It is worth fighting for. Your dreams are worth fighting for. What would fulfill your life more than to chase your dreams?
You owe it to yourself to follow your dreams. You owe it to yourself to simply chase life.
Say this out loud right this moment…. “I will chase my dreams and will not stop until I have fulfilled my dreams.”