A few nights ago, I lay awake thinking deeply about the purpose of this life. Why we are here, and why we still reproduce.
We seem to take life so seriously. We beat ourselves up over past mistakes and worry so much about what the future holds.
I came up with a few truths about life that can set you free.
1. This life is short, and we only get one chance at it. So live the life YOU want to live. Do what makes you happy.
2. Do not wait. Not for tomorrow or for next year. Do it today, and do not hesitate. What are you waiting for? You are the architect of your own reality.
3. Time is an illusion. It is a man made thing that only exists because us as humans agreed it would. Stop depending so much on time and age and start truly living.
4. Money means nothing. How much you have in your bank account and what you do for a living doesn’t define you. You will not die with money. If there’s something you really want to do, a trip you really want to take, spend that money. You can always make more.
5. Beauty comes from within. Stop spending so much time focusing on what you look like from the outside. Because the truth is, the people who matter don’t care what you look like on the outside. They just want the best version of you from within.
6. You do not need to change yourself for the love of another. Do not let someone else capture your sparkle or change the way you see the world. Someone out there will love you for who you are.
7. You deserve the love that you receive, whether this be from others or just yourself.
8. You are so, so worthy of this life you have been gifted. You were given it because you are strong enough to live it. Do not let others or your own thoughts take this away from you.
9. Be grateful for every feeling and emotion you encounter. Whether that be happiness, sadness, or pain. Take every emotion as a blessing that you are living, breathing, and feeling.
10. Do not take this life too seriously. The truth is, every rule is a man made thing, which happens because we allow it too and we follow. Let that sink in.