From the minute Jessica Day, Zooey Deschanel’s character in New Girl, appeared on our screens, we probably all let out a sigh of relief that we finally had a character we related to. Whether it’s her phenomenal fashion sense (because we all know that Deschanel brings her A game, let’s be honest) or the way she earnestly cracks her ridiculous puns, there’s something about Jess Day that makes us feel like she’s one of us. Every episode leaves me in tears because of the amount of seriously funny quotes that she and the cast as a whole dish out.
I think we can all admit that we each have our own little quirks that make us who we are. For starters, if you ask any of my friends, they would tell you that I’m pretty much the queen of impromptu street dancing and will burst out laughing at the most random things (that aren’t always funny in the first place). Why spend time worrying about what other people think when you can borrow a chapter from Jess’ book and just be your awesome self?
Everything about this show is just spot on—which makes it really hard to actually take a break and leave the couch (because missing out on New Girl reruns should be against the law). That being said, this roundup of funny quotes from Jess Day that are totally relatable will hit you right in the feels.
- Shut it down! “If you feel things getting sexual say, “shut it down!”
- This is my crew. “And if you want to get with me, you’re gonna have to get with my friends.”
- That moment when food is BAE. “Oh my gosh. Look, it’s food. I love food.”
- The perfect catch, OBVI. “I’m only attracted to guys who are afraid of success and think someone famous stole their idea.”
- There’s nothing wrong with being girly. “I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. I have touched glitter in the last 24 hours. I spend my entire day talking to children. And I find it fundamentally strange that you’re not a dessert person. It freaks me out.”
- ALL the feels. “I just wanted to listen to Taylor Swift alone.”
- Stay classy, ya’ll. “I can drink at 11:00…a.m.”
- We’re all a little cray cray. “Well, I guess I can’t hide my crazy.”
- Sweet freedom! “My boobs are loving this unemployed thing. They don’t have to go to boob jail everyday.”
- Forever alone. “I’m gonna end up alone. I’m gonna be a single old lady, flashing people on the subway.”
- Smooth moves. “I missed the moment when everybody got cool about sex.”
- Ugh, couples! “Ugh, couples! Boo. Hiss.”