1. By 6 years old, Temple already had a huge fan base and was bringing in $1000 a week.
2. Temple’s iconic pin curls were always styled by her mother and consisted of exactly 56 curls each time.
3. Temple’s hair was frequently given vinegar rinses.
4.Temple was the original pick for Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, but 20th Century Fox wouldn’t let MGM borrow her and Judy Garland was subsequently cast instead.
5. Temple was quite good with a slingshot and once shot Eleanor Roosevelt in the behind while the First Lady turned chops for a cookout.
7. After she retired from showbiz, Temple went on to become a U.S. ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia.
8. In 1972, Temple was diagnosed with breast cancer and became one of the first prominent women to openly discuss the disease.